Which are your main guitars and why?

Rex, here's my combinations, and I also added a different value cap on the " pull mode of the tone pot" to make the changes more obvious.
it's fun to have many options however as I said many sound similar but for me it's awesome anyway. :)
let's see if I can get an image to explain it .....
Ken-scheme_variations_spec.jpg

:)

you all have a good one
//kenneth

It looks like you have just about every possibility covered. If you had it to do over, would you still have all those combinations, or would you choose just some of them, and simplify the switching?

It looks like you have just about every possibility covered. If you had it to do over, would you still have all those combinations, or would you choose just some of them, and simplify the switching?

Rex, to tell you the truth, I have only had this wiring since july / august this year, so I've not yet come to remembering each wiring option yet, so therefore I don't know which one I could "do without" but if I would tell you what I feel so far. Then I think it's awesome :) to have all those combinations and options, and all I really "added" was a mini switch between the vol and tone.
As far as adding stuff to the guitar, the push/pull is not visible so I think that's a winner. I like the neck on switch, I've got that on several guitars, so with the vol and tone in the "normal mode" the guitar works just as stock plus I can add the neck pickup anywhere.

I don't know if this made sense ..

short answer, oh yeah, I would do it again :) I think it's very cool and I would love to try this wiring scheme with other pickup combinations as well :)

sorry about the rambling
you all have a good one

//Kenneth

oh I forgot, when I did the wiring, I made a new pickguard as well and moved the volume pot further down towards the tone pot,
because I wanted the extra space for my picking hand. And that was a very good thing for me, made the guitar even more comfortable for me.

:)

Live guitars are: Haahr Relic strat with DG-20 pickups. Reason: Sounds great with the AXE
Tokai LP - Covers some rock/jazz tones that a strat cant do.

In my house I have a:

Mørch(Danish luthier Internationally known for his basses but makes great guitars as well) Strat. Dont use it live because my other guitars work exeptionally well for me.

AAEN

The middle one is the main one. It's a 70's Tele Custom. The blue one is an 80's Japanese reissue. They both have aftermarket bridges and Dimarzio Choppers in the bridge. The brown one is a 70's lawsuit by Maya. That one has Dimarzio Eric Johnson pickups. All three have the Earvana compensated nut.

I bought the black one 15 years ago on a whim in the earlier days of Ebay. I got lucky with it. No particular reason why it became my main guitar. I just always grabbed it before anything else. Now it feels strange not to play it.

One thing is for sure though, I am now a Tele freak. To me it's the quintessential rock guitar.

3guitars.jpg

The middle one is the main one. It's a 70's Tele Custom. The blue one is an 80's Japanese reissue. They both have aftermarket bridges and Dimarzio Choppers in the bridge. The brown one is a 70's lawsuit by Maya. That one has Dimarzio Eric Johnson pickups. All three have the Earvana compensated nut.

I bought the black one 15 years ago on a whim in the earlier days of Ebay. I got lucky with it. No particular reason why it became my main guitar. I just always grabbed it before anything else. Now it feels strange not to play it.

One thing is for sure though, I am now a Tele freak. To me it's the quintessential rock guitar.

3guitars.jpg

I'd grab that black beauty too cause it's badass!!! Is the Chopper T a Kotzen influenced thing?

Last edited:
I'd grab that black beauty too cause it's badass!!! Is the Chopper T a Kotzen influenced thing?

You know, I didn't even realize he had the Chopper in his signature series. I'm going to have to take another look at those. Cool.

Somewhere along the line I ended up using the Chopper in my Strats. When I switched to the Tele, I just continued to use it without much thought. I have the volume pot wired with a push/pull to go between series and parallel. More often than not I run it parallel. It's a really responsive pickup, especially with the parallel wiring.

She has a lot of battle scars too. I think that guitar was in a bar fight or 2 before I got it. It's a players guitar, and that's what I love about it.

Damn nice guitars in this thread. Here is my main guitar. Its a custom shop Jackson.

bengalfront.png
holy crap look at that fret board!!! is this a bolt on or a soloist?
I see 24 frets, I've been thinking about getting another GMW with 24 frets. Idon't have a maple board 24 fret shred guitar
and I want one. :)

I see 24 frets, I've been thinking about getting another GMW with 24 frets. Idon't have a maple board 24 fret shred guitar

It is a bolt on 24 fret. Basically a Dinky. The fretboard is amazing. Its Birdseye maple and the figuring is incredible up and down the neck.

One of my favorites. It's an all mahogany LP Classic that is bone stock. Took me a while to get used to the tiny 60's profile neck, but it's a really good little guitar.

9652_3.jpg

This is another of my favorites. It's basically a partscaster type N4 that I picked up off of e-Bay for cheap. It was an absolute basketcase; parts were bought from the factory and assembled very poorly. Took a lot of work to get the neck aligned, had to drill and dowel the holes that mounted it and I put some anchors in there so it's ridiculously strong now. Put the correct pickups (real BL pickup from the old man himself) and had to shim the locking nut. Finished the neck in gunstock oil and it's just a beast. Sounds and plays great, but no doubt that a lot of the love comes from the work I put into it.

IMG_2401.jpg

Probably my best playing guitar is this Axis. It's just amazing.

IMG_0306.jpg

My oldest guitar is this mid 90's US strat with the Roland pickup system. I put some Bill Lawrence noiseless pickups in it and it's been played to death over the years. I haven't hooked up the VG8 to it in years now, but it's just such a great playing and sounding guitar that I can't part with it. Its actually been a love hate thing for years and years now, but when I do get into the mood to play something with single coils in it this is the go to.

IMG_0845.jpg

allGoToGuitars.jpg

Luke2, Eggle Berlin Pro 22 HSS, Levinson Blade Texas Std, Fender US Std Deluxe Strat & Ibanez S470

If I've to pick one guitar to 'do all with no breaks in between' for a gig then it'll be one of these 2 ......

luke2_eggleBerlinPro.jpg

The EBMM Luke is built beautifully and the EMGs are powerful yet versatile in the HSS set up. Trem is simple and stable, the guitar is light and resonant and has a fantastic feel to the neck.

The Eggle is a 1996 Berlin Pro Custom 22 .... passive SD pups (Custom Custom in bridge). As can be seen by the lack of gold finish on the pickup surround and bridge, this guitar has been my workhorse since I bought it new direct from the factory showroom. Soundwise, it can turn it's hand to any style except perhaps mad trem stuff. The trem is a Wilkinson locking bridge - it locks when the trem arm is at rest and unlocks to fully float when the trem arm is pulled up to about the level of the vol pot. It works fine for dives and wobbles .... but forget about doing any fancy trem arm warbles etc. Nice thing is that if a string breaks you still stay in tune if the bridge is in the locked position.

Both the Luke and Eggle have been refretted in the last year with jumbo SS fretwire and play really nicely.

For Stratness I have these 2 ..... Levinson Blade Texas Std and 1998 USA Std Deluxe Strat

blade_strat.jpg

The Levinson Blade I picked up used for ridiculously little money about 6 months back - no idea how old it is .... the original 6 screw bridge and springs were rusted up and done so I've just replaced it with a Bladerunner and set it up to float - now it's my favourite 'Strat'. The neck is std 25.5 inch scale but the neck has a Gibson like 12 inch radius - makes it easy to set up a low action. It's fitted with the Jeff Beck Noiseless pups.

The US Deluxe Strat is a very recent addition .... I got first refusal on it at a very good price so decided it would be nice to have the real deal. It's still work in progress with this one ..... not really liking the need to do the trem full depress trick to keep the tuning even though it's a two post trem. Even though I told myself I'd keep it stock when I bought it, I'm starting to think a Super Vee full locking trem system could find it's way onto this. It's got the same JB Noiseless pups as the Blade has but has a darker sound due to it's heavier body and rosewood FB.

Finally .... for the 80's revisited gig ..... Ibanez S470 ...

ibanexS470.jpg

Another steal at a price I couldn't refuse ..... unmarked and practically unused ex studio only guitar. It still has the Zero Return bar in it's trem .... but I'm thinking to lose that and just let it become totally FR like. Good stable double locking trem system, effortless neck and light as a feather due to an almost non-existent body - yet still manages a good tone - really well made guitar and a total surprise when I picked it up.

Dude, that last pic melted my mind for a second. I thought the Ibanez S series was taped to the back of the couch. Lol!!!

Dude, that last pic melted my mind for a second. I thought the Ibanez S series was taped to the back of the couch. Lol!!!
Well actually with the kids off school and that room having the largest TV in it, if the sofa wasn't hosed down regularly I probably could have just stuck the guitar on the back due to the amount of goo they seem to manage to leave behind them!

Well actually with the kids off school and that room having the largest TV in it, if the sofa wasn't hosed down regularly I probably could have just stuck the guitar on the back due to the amount of goo they seem to manage to leave behind them!

Ha!!! A pain I know all too well man!!!

Suhr Modern with a HSH configuration and a coil tap. Gets me every possible sound I could ever want and feels like a shredder through all of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha1 I didn't even look at the fretboard, I was so lost in that top! I LOVE it! Beauty!

Back
Top Bottom