Where's the 1990s Great Music Thread On This Darn Forum??

Our band plays Banditos and every time I sing that line I can always spot a few people in the crowd just nodding or shaking their heads. It’s one of my favorite songs to play. Plus our lead player slays those solos which always gets people excited. Killer song.
"I got the pistol so I'll keep the pesos. Yeah, that seems fair!"

Totally forgot about this song. I think the real draw is a combination of the nylon string guitar and trumpets. Is that an accordion?

I was debating over whether to drop this in the 80's thread or here. I'm opting for here because it was on the charts in the 90s and I think the general vibe is definitely more stripped down and spartan/simplistic.

I discovered Crimson Glory when I was stationed in Florida in the late 80s.
They were in that progressive metal movement like Queensryche, Fates
Warning, and Savatage.

Cool band.

Red Sharks \m/
Speaking of Savatage.

Hall of the Mountain King is their pinnacle!
Unbelieveable: Appearing on page 22!?

Faith No More and BooYaa tribe was my fave track off this. Excellent movie!

Limp Bizkit cannot be the last word here. Nope. ;)

One of the more influential albums of the decade. Still not sure what
I think of it is. It seemed so out of left field at the time. Hell, still sounds
oddly out of all norms from the songwriting to the production to the
crescendoing dissonance of the guitars.

For the record; Pearcy is an abysmal singer compared to Martin, Kip (if the first name doesn't tell you anything lol) and certainly Cherone. Maybe I should see if I am wrong and acutally listen to Reach for the Sky, Detonator and the S/T? They might have changed more than I know I just gave up at the right time \m/
You forgot to include Warrant, down in Uncle Tom's cabin, the cherry pie of stupid hair metal bands.

Back
Top Bottom