Where's the 1990s Great Music Thread On This Darn Forum??

la szum

Axe-Master
Oh, here it is. Maybe some of us old farts won't relate so much, but I love the 90s, too. :)

I am listening to this amazingly diverse and awesome album right now. Love every song on it. The
bass tones, the funky drumming, the guitars, Brandon's lyrics. Just a very unique and cool band.
Love these guys so much, and this album barely snuck in before the 2000s hit. Thank you 1999!! :)

I was just watching Rick Beato's channel the other day where he was talking about music from the 90's and it reminded me of how many great bands there were. Normally I'd throw names like AIC, STP, Soundgarden in the ring but I'm going to reference Splendor Solis - Tea Party. I really enjoyed this album when it came out.

These guys deserved more respect than they got.

They do! Kevin still has an amazing voice! We've been doing "Far Behind" in our band for years. So fun
to play.

And crazy to think they emerged from Seattle in the midst of the height of Grunge and yet didn't have
anything resembling that vibe in their own sound.

P.S. I think Kevin did one album with the guys in Live (another 90s stalwart!) when they were having issues with Kowalcyk.

Oh, here it is. Maybe some of us old farts won't relate so much, but I love the 90s, too. :)

I am listening to this amazingly diverse and awesome album right now. Love every song on it. The
bass tones, the funky drumming, the guitars, Brandon's lyrics. Just a very unique and cool band.
Love these guys so much, and this album barely snuck in before the 2000s hit. Thank you 1999!! :)

Talk about a great voice!

Living Colour was such a unique blend of genres. Messes with your ears/brain a bit...are they funk, soul, hard rock? its everything. They pull it off beautifully. Love Leave it Alone of course...that was the first time I heard Vernon Reid play guitar. Hooked
Also, Rotten Apple on Jar of Flies...the Acoustic! my god! Ear candy😍

oh man totally forgot about this!!!! and I Mother Earth! I nearly forgot about that band. I need to revisit. Big shiny tunes had the 90s in the perfect package. Wide mouth Mason was band from. my hometown and I just googled it and Gordie Johnson from Big Sugar (another great Canadian band) was once part of it too.

Last edited:
Living Colour was such a unique blend of genres. Messes with your ears/brain a bit...are they funk, soul, hard rock? its everything. They pull it off beautifully. Love Leave it Alone of course...that was the first time I heard Vernon Reid play guitar. Hooked
Also, Rotten Apple on Jar of Flies...the Acoustic! my god! Ear candy😍

I think one of the things that defined the 90s was the crossovers and genre mixing and bending. Living Colour
and Incubus both did it very well. Probably can toss Faith No More in there as well.

Back
Top Bottom