What Recording DAW & Interface............?

Roland Quad-Capture
This is the one I am buying next...Soon. It has rack ears and will sit nicely beside the Axe FX in a rack. I have had great results with Roland interfaces. They have superior USB drivers. If you are going to be using VST synths and effects, and midi sync with your Axe. I would suggest an audio interface with MIDI capabilities. I recommend Ableton live for these purposes as a DAW. It controls the modulation timings with my Axe FX no problems.

I use Logic Pro X (user since Emagic), Ableton Live and Reason.

I find Logic Pro X a bit "clunky" for my live/improvisational workflow, but otherwise a great DAW. For $200 you can't go wrong.

I've been using Live since pre-1.0 and it's my go-to. I've upgraded to Push 2 and am enjoying the software immensely (without using the software directly.)

I've always kept my Reason templates updated too, as that's a great "grab and go" DAW, in the cases where you need an all-in-one/no-plugins/just-works solution.

HTH.

Presonus Studio One. Big fan, and I've been running various DAWs since Cakewalk 1.0 shipped on floppy disks :)

I have a PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2, but it only has Firewire.. they recently started shipping a 1U rackmount USB 3 interface that is getting some rave early reviews... probably be next for me. It has Zero Latency monitoring (DSP onboard runs the same Fat Channel processing), remote-controllable preamps integrated with Studio One. https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-192

Yeah, I just grabbed a apollo Twin and wow. Using Logic Pro X since 7.... and Cubase Pro8 loving it... Just wish I could afford a few octo satellites .....

Back
Top Bottom