What are you listening to right now?

After the gold Rush Neil Young heard this on the radio this morning love this song. Always loved playing these tunes back in the day. Reminds me of a good friend we lost last year.

What can I say. I am old and outdated and couldn't give a f**k less. :)

Oh, and Nicko McBrain is one of the best drummers the planet has ever seen.

Good album man. At the time it was an awesome record! IIRC, Where Eagles Dare, The Trooper, Die With Your Boots On, Revelations, Flight of Icarus... then a bunch of fillers though. Those first songs were great though, so that's how they did it ~40 years ago.

Good album man. At the time it was an awesome record! IIRC, Where Eagles Dare, The Trooper, Die With Your Boots On, Revelations, Flight of Icarus... then a bunch of fillers though. Those first songs were great though, so that's how they did it ~40 years ago.

It is. I am not down with your "filler" comment, though. All killer, no filler!! For me. :)

I have been in the habit of listening to an entire album first thing in the morning, and
none of that news/internet/email crap to start the day. I highly recommend it!!!

Today was Piece Of Mind.

It is. I am not down with your "filler" comment, though. All killer, no filler!! For me. :)

I have been in the habit of listening to an entire album first thing in the morning, and
none of that news/internet/email crap to start the day. I highly recommend it!!!

Today was Piece Of Mind.
I quit following the news about 3 years ago. It has become a ridiculous, juvenile chaotic circus. Much better for me too.

I'll concede you are right about the album not having fillers. They did have a formula. Now looking back I am tired of the formula, but one gets tired of songs they have heard a great number of times, and they used the formula I think after that album, they have similar tracks. For a period there was too much Sabbath, too much AC/DC, and then Iron Maiden. I feel the same way about Metallica now, but I am just burned myself out on them. That happens from learning songs on guitar as well, if you are repeating the song in sections, at least it does to me. I can go back later and enjoy them again, just need a break.

Back
Top Bottom