What are you listening to right now?

My grandkids (11,14) have no interest in my old fart's music despite my attempts to interest them in it. But the power of social media and the entertainment business far outweighs any insights the old man can offer - here is a couple of their recent music recommendations to me, despite my having recommended these to them in the past lol! Notwithstanding, this has rekindled my own interest in listening to these artists after decades of not.

great vids - had not seen these before - this band at that time - very special - tragic what happened a short time after
The current band is coming to my hometown in September. Tix start at $14.50 (2nd level behind mix) on up so ...... I know they are not the same guys I grew up listening too, but I bet it will be a good show. Not sure if I can spend the $375-$425 for floor center stage, rows 3-8 though.

The current band is coming to my hometown in September. Tix start at $14.50 (2nd level behind mix) on up so ...... I know they are not the same guys I grew up listening too, but I bet it will be a good show. Not sure if I can spend the $375-$425 for floor center stage, rows 3-8 though.
$14.50 wow - great starting price - nice to see some popular bands still leaving room for regular working folks to see a show. Agree - it's still great to see this band continuing with only a few original members (Actually, I guess Gary is the only original now). I feel like Skynrd is an important band somehow - they've always seemed to foster some sort of sense of community in addition to the awesome music - even for listeners far away from the southern US (I'm way up here in Canada (with Neil lol)).

John Mayer:
  • Continuum
  • Sob Rock
Kanye West
  • Jesus Is King
  • The Life of Pablo
  • My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Plini
  • Sunhead EP
  • Handmade Cities

Vinnie Moore's "Mind's Eye" album is siiick.

Lately, I've been listening to Devin Townsend probably 80% of the time. He kind of ruined most other music for me because his stuff is so good. LOL HevyDevy turned me onto the whole Fractal world. If it is good enough for him, it's good enough for me. 😉👍

Vinnie Moore's "Mind's Eye" album is siiick.

Lately, I've been listening to Devin Townsend probably 80% of the time. He kind of ruined most other music for me because his stuff is so good. LOL HevyDevy turned me onto the whole Fractal world. If it is good enough for him, it's good enough for me. 😉👍
Huge Devin stan fan here! 😏 New album soon.

Huge Devin stan fan here! 😏 New album soon.
My wife is sick of me listening to Devin so much. LOL

From what I can tell, we'll get two albums: Lightwork and Nightwork. Cannot wait!

In the meantime, I've been watching Devin's quarantine videos on YouTube, plus the Ocean Machine and Infinity streams that he put out.

Gonna make my way through the entire Schenker catalogue this Summer, but this one is stuck on repeat for a bit.

Feels like the angriest album Michael ever did, and I love it because of that. And Graham was a beast back then,
especially when he kept his pants on. :)

Back
Top Bottom