What Amp Models would you like to see added?

Right, there really aren't any amp sounds I cant get out of this box. There really isn't that much diversity in amps we have plenty of redundancy. Better to improve what there or add in other areas.

I have said exactly the same more than once, and most intances it is true. But, I have come to realize that there are still a couple of amps out there which can't easily by replicated with what's in the box, hence my promotion of a VHT amp. I have built and designed several amps, so it's not as if I am coming at this from a noob perspective.

Well, I put this in the wish thread every so often... but a 6G6B Bassman would be the bee's knees. It's a classic amp, and a distinctive sound used by a bunch of serious players over the years. Here's a few:
This rockin' cat-
Setzer.jpeg

Here's some British kid getting some feedback outta his-
1965_412bassmanpro_2.jpeg

And another little band from Liverpool used one regularly in the studio-
beatles.jpeg

It was the amp used to record this cool Cardigans tune, just for a sound sample:

And of course, is the amp behind the vast majority of Setzer tunes:

Anyways, it'd be a great addition to the Axe!

I'd also love to see the Carol Ann Satin (best clean ever, no joke...), or the Swart SST-30 added. Thick, grindy chewy goodness with more gain that you think you'd get from the big brother to the AST...
Here's the Swart in action:

Shoegaze your pain away.

The Satin:

I was curious on what the process was for new amp models so I thought I’d start a thread to see what everyone thought and what others would want to see.

Personally I’d love to see an Omega ampworks model of the Obsidian or Granophyre, A Randall Satan, And possibly something like a Marshall Major 200w.

What about you guys?!?
What about some channel strip models?

not really - in that way of thinking, a small handful of amps (plexi,800,recto,ac30,delux...) would have sufficed to cover a wide range of tonal options. Only now that we have 300+ do some want to scoff at anyone asking for another variation. We passed the point of new models only adding subtle variation to the existing inventory a long long time ago. Fractal seems to thrive on adding new amp models, people here like getting new amp models - just enjoy.

I think the point is that there are better places to focus the energy.

the point is that there are better places to focus the energy
that's not at all what the post I was responding to (or others similar) says or even remotely suggests - but, if it did, still not sure I'd agree as Fractal has seemed to be able to walk and chew gum quite well enough to do new amp models at the same time as other projects, as evidenced by many new amp models and a myriad of great improvments deployed in recent memory.

Last edited:
Would be cool to see one of the revamped Bad Cats, people are saying good stuff about them

This is one of those situations where I want to see an amp modeled just to know what it sounds like.

This post also made me realize another reason I hate all the "U CAN MAKE ANYTHING W THE AMPZ ALREADY THERE" posts.

Sure. Maybe that's true. But there are a lot of amps I've never been lucky enough to try.

How am I supposed to approximate something I've never heard?

Sometimes it's fun to just try something new, even if it is just a bastardized Bandmaster or a near-identical derivative of a JCM800.

I'll happily take any new amp they want to give us. Even if the advanced parameters might have let me waste a day getting close.

No, 1970's Peavey Musician.. :)
I used to have a Peavey Deuce in high school. Built in phase shifter. Too bad I really didn’t understand the gain and master volume, so I used a crappy DOD Overdrive, when I should have saved my money to buy the MXR Distortion Plus instead. That’s when I decided to save up my money and only buy the good stuff from then on. And THAT’s yet another reason that I use Fractal Audio gear. 😃

I used to have a Peavey Deuce in high school. Built in phase shifter. Too bad I really didn’t understand the gain and master volume, so I used a crappy DOD Overdrive, when I should have saved my money to buy the MXR Distortion Plus instead. That’s when I decided to save up my money and only buy the good stuff from then on. And THAT’s yet another reason that I use Fractal Audio gear. 😃
Just wait- next week Josh Smith will make a video about your old DOD overdrive sounding like the lovechild of a Nobles and a Centaur, and they're gonna start going for $400 on the 'verb...

Back
Top Bottom