What Amp Models would you like to see added?

I'd love to have a 6G6B Bassman in the Axe! The blonde Bassman is such a classic amp- it's been used on gobs of recordings- I mean, the Beatles used one, Pete Townsend used one, Bon Iver plays one live, it is THE sound of Brian Setzer... it's an iconic amp in it's own right, and it's distinct from the modded AB165 Bassman head and 5F6A tweed Bassman that we already have.

images.jpeg

I’ll wish it again… Marshall Major.
Why.. when we have numerous Marshall amps?
Clean headroom for days.
I had one years ago… but it was to damn powerful and heavy, so I sold it. Now it worth 10x the amount. 🙄

Amps I'd vote for:

Ampeg VT-4/VT-22

Any of Mark Bartell's amps

Tone King Imperial MKII
With the midrange selectors. The SVT does probably get the tone stack justice but those amps are pretty distinctive. I had one of those early seventies models for almost a decade until it got stolen. Although I still can't believe somebody wanted it bad enough to carry it as heavy as it was.

And those old Ampeg Rockets could get some love as well, and I don't even need the accordion input. Still have that one. Or the Carvin X100 series. Or a Kustom to channel that inner John Fogarty. IOW, some uncool stuff.

That said, do I really need any of those. No, but if we're blue skying I'd probably be spending serious time reliving the early and mid seventies.

With the midrange selectors. The SVT does probably get the tone stack justice but those amps are pretty distinctive. I had one of those early seventies models for almost a decade until it got stolen. Although I still can't believe somebody wanted it bad enough to carry it as heavy as it was.

And those old Ampeg Rockets could get some love as well, and I don't even need the accordion input. Still have that one. Or the Carvin X100 series. Or a Kustom to channel that inner John Fogarty. IOW, some uncool stuff.

That said, do I really need any of those. No, but if we're blue skying I'd probably be spending serious time reliving the early and mid seventies.
I had a friend who owned at VT-22. It was incredibly heavy and so loud it could make you go deaf. We were in our teens and my friend set it up in his backyard while his parents were out. His mom heard it in her car blocks away and wondered how was making all the racket. My friend had mismatched speakers - a 12" JBL and some other speaker (I think that it was an Eminence, but not sure of the model). It had the best power amp distortion, but it was so loud. Just unreal how loud it was. I've wanted to get one, but I don't know where I'd ever use it. The gigs I'm doing are small to medium rooms. That amp would blow everyone out of the room if I turned it up enough to get that power amp distortion.

But a 2204 isn’t a 2203, especially not JMP versions. I’d love to have a late 70’s JMP 2203 in the Axe FX.
Yep, me too.

The 50W model had several B+ variations over the years but the 100W was more consistent until '85 horizontal inputs.
It might be good to have a solid JMP 2203 as another reference just in case the Canadian 50w in Cliffs posession is overly special.

Zinky Blue Velvet!!!

I loved that amp so much, but I couldn't afford it, so I'd play it at the local store whenever I could. It was the first amp I bonded with in a way where I felt it pulled something out of my playing. It had this attack that felt refined and tasteful, two things I could not say about my playing back then. To me it was magical, and it just turned my head around as far as what kind of player I wanted to be. Ahhh, the love rushes back in as I wax poetical about it.

Orange Thunderverb
Mesa Boogie Badlander
Dookie mod Plexi (I'm sure there's already a way to do this haha)

Side note, originally I wanted a 5150 Stealth since the Quad Cortex had one.

But I was able to match the Stealth model in my QC with the following minor adjustments:
  • Input Trim at 1.5
  • Matched the 50W model's Preamp settings:
(Preamp) Low cut Freqeuncy to 10Hz
(Preamp) Triode Plate Freq 9300Hz
(Preamp) Preamp Bias -0.178
  • (Input EQ) Definition at 6
  • (Dynamics) Input Dynamics at 6

Now the knobs are mostly aligned with the QC version!

Back
Top Bottom