What Amp Models would you like to see added?

Opinions... It seems we're few guys thinking it would be great to mimic an iconic player like Dimebag Darell...

My only amp in the 1980s was a Randall RG100ES half stack. I used to keep one in the shared
bunks (4 guys in a dorm sized room) when I was in the Navy. I both made a lot of friends
cranking that amp, and I also pissed a lot of people off with that amp. It was like a litmus test.

Wouldn't change a thing. :)

Was looking back and, unless I missed something the last new amp model was added well over a year ago. Given what I'm guessing is a lot of effort to maintain the number of models currently available in terms of adjustments for new releases, remeasurements, testing etc, perhaps Fractal is slowing down on new amp additions. Personally, I'm fine with this being a possibility as many of the amps currently modelled are so realistic that they have that versatility of tone that real amps often have but not found to the same degree in most other modelling platforms.

Last edited:
Have any of you had an opportunity to try/use a fender Supersonic? I feel that its one of their better amps its very versatile and sounds great. Not sure of its still sold or if it was a limited run but one hell of an amp.
No, not one of those, but in a similar vein, I used a couple of Fender Tonemaster heads and cabs back in the mid-late 90s. Kind of wish I'd bought one back then because they are scarce nowadays. They didn't really do much that I couldn't achieve with a good SF Twin, Hiwatt DR103 and Marshall JMP Mk2 2203 that I already had at the time, but a genuinely great sounding amp. Given the Axe FX III already models all the amps I had back then (that meant I didn't really need one) might make it all a moot point.

Gets me wondering if some of the more boutique offerings nowadays are a little redundant for those of us that already swallowed the red pill.

Liam

No, not one of those, but in a similar vein, I used a couple of Fender Tonemaster heads and cabs back in the mid-late 90s. Kind of wish I'd bought one back then because they are scarce nowadays. They didn't really do much that I couldn't achieve with a good SF Twin, Hiwatt DR103 and Marshall JMP Mk2 2203 that I already had at the time, but a genuinely great sounding amp. Given the Axe FX III already models all the amps I had back then (that meant I didn't really need one) might make it all a moot point.

Gets me wondering if some of the more boutique offerings nowadays are a little redundant for those of us that already swallowed the red pill.

Liam

Apparently the Mesa Boogie Triple Crest is derived from the Tonemaster.

Pretty sure the Supersonics (both in 22 watt (6V6) and 60 watt (6L6) formats) have been
in production for a quite a long time now.

I bought a new Sunn Model T back in the 70's. Sold it to get a Peavey 5150 about 20 years ago. Huge mistake. I didn't realize how rare and expensive they would become.

No one did. Thats how that works lol. 5150s and jcm800's were cheap as chips in the 90s when mesa swept everyone up...

They do have a bit of a unique sound, I think they are overrated personally but I can see why people dig them.

Mezzabarba, Driftwood and Mesa boogie are examples of amps with massive followings that I just think sound a bit rubbish.
you might want to get a hearing test

Back
Top Bottom