Welcome to the New Axe-Fx Forum

Kramer_5150 said:
mwc2112 said:
On most forums (including the old AxeFX forum), if you followed an external link then it would open it in a new window/tab. Here it leaves the forum to open the link in the same window. I thought maybe that was a user setting, but I don't see an option for that so I assume it's a BB setting.
Great minds think alike! :cool:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4&p=227#p227

I researched this at the phpBB site and surprisingly, there is no option built in to the package to enable external links opening in new tabs/windows, however, it is such a frequently requested feature that an add-on modification has been made available. If Cliff is interested it takes about 2 minutes to install.

quonsar said:
I researched this at the phpBB site and surprisingly, there is no option built in to the package to enable external links opening in new tabs/windows, however, it is such a frequently requested feature that an add-on modification has been made available. If Cliff is interested it takes about 2 minutes to install.

Sweet! I do hereby elevate you to the title of "Super Awesome". :cool:

I posted a link to the solution to the window problem before noone seemed to notice :roll:
Take a look at the top of page 2.

Anyways great that the board is up and running again. :p

DieSchmalle said:
Nice to have this forum :D

but I miss the foreign language section :( .

No comprendo :roll:

If everyone agrees, I'll try to set that section again :idea:

mwc2112 said:
Jools said:
I posted a link to the solution to the window problem before noone seemed to notice :roll:

I noticed, but there's not a heck of a lot I can do with it. :lol:

Yeah, no problem I just want to help ;)
It's a hack you have to apply to certain files of phpbb,
so you have to be careful not to destroy anything. :eek:

scarr said:
Kramer_5150 said:
Piing said:
I think that, in the case that we can recover the old forum databse, we should study the possibility to restore it here. If that's not possible, we can not leave that site "frozen", because everything would be deleted if there's no activity in the forum for 30 days. Anyway, that's only conjecture. Let's wait to see if they're able to re-open the setbb.com site (I believe that nobody will ever trust that free forum host again)
If they do come back up and you are somehow able to get a copy of the DB, I am pretty sure that someone has found a way to convert setbb's format into a suitable phpBB format.
This is a question for quonsar now.

LOL! i never laid eyes on the inner workings of phpBB until yesterday :eek:
but setbb used an earlier version of phpBB so i would guess it's possible to restore here - there are conversion programs available. it would be an interesting challenge for sure! :D

quonsar said:
but setbb used an earlier version of phpBB so i would guess it's possible to restore here - there are conversion programs available. it would be an interesting challenge for sure! :D

I doubt the database structure is significantly different.

javajunkie said:
quonsar said:

It's not. There are converters available for transferring most any database format into another. Finding one that works without issue might be a challenge, but what's anything without challenge?

Scott Peterson said:
javajunkie said:
quonsar said:

It's not. There are converters available for transferring most any database format into another. Finding one that works without issue might be a challenge, but what's anything without challenge?

I'm pretty sure the used mysql which is what is being used here, so importing should not be too problematic. Big if on getting a hold of the database export.

In case someone hasn't mentioned it yet, the fractalaudio website needs a note pointing to this forum while the other is down, or something to that effect. Some people won't think to look at the wiki to found out about this forum when the current link fails.

Morogan said:
In case someone hasn't mentioned it yet, the fractalaudio website needs a note pointing to this forum while the other is down, or something to that effect. Some people won't think to look at the wiki to found out about this forum when the current link fails.

+1

And another BIG thanks to Cliff for the new forum. I too was having serious withdraws, and found myself nearly in :cry: when I kept getting the error. :D

Back
Top Bottom