Welcome: FC Controllers!

I had the chance to load FW 2.0b2 this morning and was looking around at the FC configuration pages, and now have a question. I see on the web page we will be able to override each switch per preset, which is WAY very cool. In looking at the configuration screen, appears it might even allow override by preset AND by scene? I never thought about that, but if possible that might change me from an FC-12 guy to an FC-6 guy.

Would be be like my roadie putting my song specific footpedal in front of me, then changing out effects by scene on the fly just when I need them.

Hello all.

FC controllers begin shipping next month. I thought I'd start the conversation off with a link to the web page I just created for them, now with new product photos and additional details!

https://www.fractalaudio.com/fc-foot-controllers-for-the-axe-fx-iii/

At the same time I wanted to mention that we thought we'd be shipping FCs this week, but a last-minute manufacturing delay pushed our date back by one month. We'll probably just miss the the previous target of "Fall 2018" (Fall ends Dec 22). Of course it will then be Christmas, which means a few days of holiday closings, so we'll ship a very limited number of units in December in the end. I do think however, that we will be able to service the entire waitlist (up to this point) during January.

Enjoy those photos meanwhile. We'll do some videos too so you can see these beautiful machines in action!

They look amazing M
One question can the text be white on a black background ??

I know this was asked before and it was mentioned yes either white back
Or black is this still an option ??

No MIDI jacks = HUGE FAIL.

Not a huge fail.

From the Fractal site:
The FC can trigger the Axe-Fx III to generate and transmit messages from its own MIDI out port to connected devices.

If you wanted it to be a midi controller for a product other than an Axe-FX III then it's probably not the right controller for your application.

EDIT: Admin M@ got in before me!

I see on the web page we will be able to override each switch per preset, which is WAY very cool. In looking at the configuration screen, appears it might even allow override by preset AND by scene?

No, what you saw per-scene is the on/off state of each control switch. Control switches are utility switches that serve as modifier sources and will ultimately also be able to transmit MIDI. Notice that besides "ON" and "OFF", the option "LAST" is also included. This leaves the switch state unchanged when you change to a scene with this setting.

The system has a MIDI jack. It's on the Axe-Fx III! Actions on the foot controller can cause MIDI to be transmitted to downstream devices.
So functions can be assigned on the footswitch to directly trigger midi events on downstream devices? Like I can send footswitchable PCs or CCs to connected devices, specifically? I am assuming (maybe erroneously) that midi events can be triggered with scenes on the Axe; but I'd like to be able to just control the other devices directly from the footswitch if possible.

So functions can be assigned on the footswitch to directly trigger midi events on downstream devices? Like I can send footswitchable PCs or CCs to connected devices, specifically? I am assuming (maybe erroneously) that midi events can be triggered with scenes on the Axe; but I'd like to be able to just control the other devices directly from the footswitch if possible.

The spec for this feature has not been published, so I'm not able to answer this question. You will need to wait for product or an owner's manual to go into this level of detail.

If you can't control other midi devices with this contoller that's kinda crappy, especially considering the outrageous price!

If you can't control other midi devices with this contoller that's kinda crappy, especially considering the outrageous price!

If you wanted to common midi controller why on earth would you even be looking at the proprietary foot controller for the Axe-Fx III?

Buy a Behringer for $149 and control any midi devices you want. But again, the Axe III can control other midi devices so the function is there, but the FC isn’t meant to be used stand alone.

I think the huge “fail” is simply that you don’t understand what the product was designed for. It’s specidically for the III and only the III.

"Mini-LCDs," and yes.

I lol’d at this. It’s like, “Uh, don’t associate us with that company ‘Simplest 2-dimensional Object 5+1’”

:D

In any case, this is exciting. I’ll read up on everything it can do and see if it’ll replace my trusty FCB1010 :)

Why bother with the 9v jack? it can only be used with FAS link(2) which provides power anyway AND with no MIDI ports it makes no sense at all!

Back
Top Bottom