Wanted: Amps to Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you JJ, got there a second before I did to delete.

Folks, AGAIN:

This is for amps you CURRENTLY OWN that Fractal may or may not want to model. Do NOT offer to assist, comment a '+1', suggest 'ways to do this', or anything that starts with 'I would really like a _____'.

Please.

Javajunkie Edit: Feel free to post in the wish list and asks if some one has one they would be willing to part with to post here. Just please don't post it here. The suggestions turn into conversation and arguments and makes finding the wheat from the chaff very difficult. This thread exists for a very specific purpose. Thanks in advance for your support.

Last edited by a moderator:
I own a VHT PITBULL 100 CL which is the old type. has the switch so you can use 6L6 or EL34. On the solid state side i own a MARSHALL Valvestate B200 chorus. :p

5150 block letter moded- Bias mod Mesa power tubes Ruby HG 12ax7 I believe it was also moded by previous techs, however I did not test every last component. I do find it strange the gain on this thing is ridiculous. I usually run a TS9 with Several Mods 0 gain 6 tone 7 level and have to leave the gain on this peavy at 1 to 3 its insane. To my ears it is the best sounding 5150 I have heard and I hated 5150s for a long while.

My drummer has a couple of Flotatones. He's in the middle of moving right now, which means I could probably get him to part with them for a while, less for him to move. I know that these amps can be a crapshoot, some great, some not so great. I haven't personally spent any time with these in particular. If there is any interest, I can try to get more info.

I have a mid-90's 2 channel Mesa Triple Rectifier I'd be more than happy to contribute. I can send with either matched 6L6s or matched EL34s.

Also have a 87 or 88 Marshall JCM 800 2205.

There already is a Splawn Quickrod modeled so I won't offer mine :)

What do I need to do to move this forward ?

Last edited:
65 Amps Stone Pony with 7591 tubes like the Ampegs from the 60's. very unique amp.

That sounds cool. I have 2 Original Ampegs, a Gemini II and Super Echo Twin which use 7591s. Very different amps. SET is like a larger and more pristine Tweed like thing. The Gemini is voiced super tight, as good a clean amp as I've ever heard and takes pedals beautifully. Both have fantastic verb, too. There's nothing in the Axe quite like either one. The Gemini with one pair of 7591s and 1-15 is louder than the SET with 4 7591s.

If there's an interest, i have (I think :) ) the largest collection of Marshall 30th Anniversary amps circa 1992 - it's what I used the most before switching to the Axe FX - I have 3 limited editions heads and stacks (Solid Brass Chassis & Logo), three limited edition combos with the matching extension 1x12 cab, and one non-limited edition combo. I could go through and test all of them and ship the best one down to be tone matched. All are in Mint condition, most I bought new. One Combo has never been played, new in the box.
You can see them in my profile pic.....

Here in Switzerland (220v) I have a Mesa Boogie Formula Preamp with footswitch. If you don't want to model it, it's going up for sale. Also, I have a Marshall 9200/5881, but I doubt this thing is shipping worthy, it weighs 35 kilos. But it does run stereo 100 watts per side all tube.

Folks, AGAIN:

This is for amps you CURRENTLY OWN that Fractal may or may not want to model. Do NOT offer to assist, comment a '+1', suggest 'ways to do this', or anything that starts with 'I would really like a _____'.

Please.

Javajunkie Edit: Feel free to post in the wish list and asks if some one has one they would be willing to part with to post here. Just please don't post it here. The suggestions turn into conversation and arguments and makes finding the wheat from the chaff very difficult. This thread exists for a very specific purpose. Thanks in advance for your support.

Read the above before you post here!!!!!

I currently own:

An Egnater Rebel 30 head
A Gibson Goldtone GA-15RV combo
A Koch Twintone I head, and
A Top Hat Vanderbilt 33 head.

The Egnater and Top Hat have matching cabinets.

Let me know if interested in any of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom