Wanted: Amps to Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any interest in a Westbury W-20 Tube Overdrive pedal (has a 12AX7 tube)?

This was the pedal Shawn Lane used in front of his solid state amps and he got some great tones. He claimed that he could pretty much just travel with his pedal board and use the clean channel of any amp with the Westbury. I've also seen the schematic on the web which might be helpful.

Let me know, I'm happy to ship it over.

Thanks.

I've got a 1965 BF Fender Bassman with AA864 clean channel and the bass channel has been modded for an extra gain stage, the deep switch has been modded to kick in a mid boost, and a PPMIV has been installed. Basically it sounds like the Billy Zoom/Divided by 13 Bassman mods popularized by Mike Ness of Social Distortion.

I've tried the various amp models in the Axe, Bassman about to Explode etc, and none of them sound really anything like this amp

I have a Gibson BR-9 with a Jensen Field cool speaker - I believe it is a late 40's to late 50's model but am not 100% sure. it has been modified a bit (replaced some caps and cleaned up after sitting a long time). Has a very cool tone, can sound nice and clean, and will break up nicely when you hit the input really hard. I've had guitar players and harp (harmonica) guys rave about the thing. If you would want to model it you would need to let it warm up for a little while with some sound going through it, the field coil tends to open up when it is played after sitting a bit, by the time it opens up the tone changes completely.

So...

I've been conversing with a studio owner with a Fortin Natas in his gear list about possibly doing a high-end tone match for us.
Trouble is, he doesn't have an AFX2, he and his amp are in Long Beach, (I am in Texas), and like most of us, he doesn't work for free.

Would the FAS community be interested in a "group buy" (for lack of a better term) to put a Natas in the box?

cost/details can be worked out before anyone is committed of course. I just want to see if this is an idea that can get any traction before I spend anymore of his time or mine. Also, please keep in mind that this would require a very generous AFX2 user in the LB area to loan his Axe to the studio for a day or two.

The Tomato Farm Studio

EDIT: The studio is in Long Beach, NY, not Long Island. Also, thanks for the redirect, EP!

Edited to show who posted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom