Wanted: Amps to Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noted this before, but I have an Ampeg Super Echo Twin and a Gemini II. They're both different from anything in the Axe. Gemini is one of the great clean amps of all time. Super Echo Twin is Frampton comes alive. Kind a high-fi drive sound and good clean, too.

They sound very different than Fenders or Voxes.

As a reminder, this thread is for those who have an amp that they are willing to send to Cliff AND pay the shipping both ways.

If you pay the shipping to/fro, I'll model your amp and include it in the firmware if I think it is a worthwhile model.
I have a Groove Tube 75 in great shape. I would love to see it in the Axe FX 2, it has an incredible clean channel and a great OD channel. Thiese amps are getting hard to find since it was discontinued.

If you pay the shipping to/fro, I'll model your amp and include it in the firmware if I think it is a worthwhile model.

Gasp, Cliff how 'bout my ultra rare 1982 Mesa Boogie Coliseum Series 300 head with six 6L6GC's. :tears_of_joy:

Forget the power amp section - the preamp section alone is a killer design. I might have to send it out again for a tune up first. I had it tuned up several years ago, but then I started using amp/fx modelers in 2007 and, well, now its been sitting idol for a year or three.

Its a beast best suited for large venues. To tame it for small venues, I would load up the speaker jacks with load resistors (a Power Soak in series with an cigar-shaped load resistor that I picked up in the Bell Labs Stock Room ... back in the day).

I skim off the preamp signal (via the Mesa's Slave output) and run it into the low impedance input of my stereo Roland JC-120 Jazz Chorus amp with a Lexicon PCM42 in the effects loop of the Mesa head.

I know it must sound kind of cluggie, but it is a great versatile fusion/rock/metal rig that I have relied on for decades and its extremely responsive when I roll back the volume pot on my guitars to around "3"! :)

I also have a vintage MuTron Ring Modulator (like the one used on Jeff Beck's Wired album) if you are interested, but that definitely would have to be serviced first (static artifact in the signal).

Or did you already model the MuTron Ring Modulator effect? :)

Let me know if you think any of this is worthwhile. :encouragement:

Ok, first post on this forum, so hello everyone! Here goes:

I have something not too many folks may have, but is RIDICULOUSLY cool: Reason amps Bambino. It's a great little combo:

* 8 watts, switchable to 2 watts
* 3 channels/modes: Normal channel (channel has a "Deep" switch), Bright channel (channel has an "Bright" switch), "Stack" mode (both channels in series)

How you set the Normal and Bright channels of course has a significant effect on the results you have in the Stack mode. It has other features that are cool, but the tone is what we're after (can I get an Amen!).

What's involved in how you model the amp? Would you be modeling the various functions, or just one channel? Man, I'd LOVE to have the Stack mode modeled - life would be SO good!

Peace, and thanks!!

How does this work? Do we just send the amp? Do we send a PM to Mr. Chase on the forum, send an email to Fractal?

I have a Hughes and Kettner Blues Master I would like to offer (with the schematic), but there is no procedure in place here.

I have a Peavey XXX or 3120, I know this isn't a boutique amp, but I will pay shipping to and from, and whatever extra it takes to get your attention to do it. Yes it is worth that much to me. Typically how many hours does it take for you to model an amp Cliff? Multiply by your hourly rate :) and I will gladly pay! It's difficult tone match since it has an active EQ, wide frequency spectrum and weird mid response. Another James Brown amp!

How does this work? Do we just send the amp? Do we send a PM to Mr. Chase on the forum, send an email to Fractal?

I have a Hughes and Kettner Blues Master I would like to offer (with the schematic), but there is no procedure in place here.

Just post it here and if there is interest he will contact you.

I have a Peavey XXX or 3120, I know this isn't a boutique amp, but I will pay shipping to and from, and whatever extra it takes to get your attention to do it. Yes it is worth that much to me. Typically how many hours does it take for you to model an amp Cliff? Multiply by your hourly rate :) and I will gladly pay! It's difficult tone match since it has an active EQ, wide frequency spectrum and weird mid response. Another James Brown amp!

I offered a few pages back my XXX that james brown extensively worked on- jsx prototype and satriani's tour/stage/studio used amp circa 2003

I think XXX is a pretty good sounding amp (although mine- with marks on each channel for satches setting is about the damn best amp you can hear- it sounds nothing like anything else in the world)

I offered a few pages back my XXX that james brown extensively worked on- jsx prototype and satriani's tour/stage/studio used amp circa 2003

I think XXX is a pretty good sounding amp (although mine- with marks on each channel for satches setting is about the damn best amp you can hear- it sounds nothing like anything else in the world)

yes I am willing to pay for everything plus his time! CLIFF LOOK HERE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom