Wanted: Amps to Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great additions to the amazing amp list already in the Fractal would be (in no particular order):

Bad Cat "Panther" (David Grissom, 6V6s)

Gibson GA-40 (Vintage amp great for recording, Doyle Bramhall II favorite)

Gibson GA-30-RVS amp (Joe Perry used)

1958 Fender Tweed Twin (vintage)

Fender VibroKing (Bruce Zinky did something cool with this design)

Trace Elliot Velocity

Old Valco amp

Two Dumble "Steel Stringer Singers" (or Bludotone High Plains Drifter equivalent).... One type is like SRV's 150 watts 6550s, the other like Eric Johnson's 100 watt 6L6s... there are a few other cool Dumbles beyond the reach of mere mortals, like the UltraPhonix....I can help on these, ask Matt.

An old Pignose (For Dweezil!)

Unfortunately I own none of these amps myself (but have heard 'em all)... but they would each be excellent and "non-redundant" additions to the AXE II amp arsenal.

I think most other tones or amps are pretty reachable mucking with the amp models and cab options already there...

I have an awesome Bruno Underground 30 and also a Bad Cat Black Cat. I could also send a Budda Superdrive 18 which is cool. It is an early point-to-point model.

-Scott

+1 on the donate account. I prefer to send Cliff money, then he can "rent" amps from people. That way, I don't have to send money to people I don't know, who may be exaggerating shipping costs, etc. I'm good for $100.

Some one said him a Rivera Knucklehead :).
I also second the ENGL comment. To bad we can't just send Cliff to 1 place that has alll the amps everyone wants modeled.

^^^^^
+1000 THIS!

Either a **Knucklehead K55** for the perfect mix of "Fendery Marshall" sound (you have to hear it to understand) or the KH7 for some perfectly defined low end grunt

I'm willing to help with cash someone to ship a Fortin Natas or MeatHead to Cliff.
Maybe we can talk to Mike Fortin. He seems like a nice guy.

Cliff do you know him?

Anyone interested in these two amps also? Maybe we could join and split the expenses.

Fortin Natas
StreamImage.aspx

DAR FBM100
179463_1720214157970_1016771605_1970654_1870729_n.jpg

ENGL SE
Engl-Special-Edition-E-670.jpg

Engl Savage ( KT88 )
engl-savage-120.jpg

Madison Divinity II
madisondivinity2.jpg

If someone has one of these... please - share.

I would just like to point out that if somebody wants to send in a Darkglass B7K, I would gladly, GLADLY, help if not completely pay for shipping on the thing. PM me if you want. I'll be in Washington on vacation for a week or so.

Some nice amps there for sure. I've already filled my quota for this month. Contact me in about a month. The Lynx, Carrs and Naylor are intriguing.

I agree that Bad Cat, Carr and Naylor are great amps. I know a guy who owns a mostly used music store and has had crazy amounts of great stuff. He carried those Naylors and that model is still one his top few amps in years of great stuff. I have a Carr Rambler that's a great mostly clean amp. Not sure it's different enough from what you can already create though.

Some very cool suggestions here. I like the idea of donating to a fund for this stuff..
Seems like Fractal might have months worth of amp modeling ahead of them at this point.
One of the first pieces of kit I've ever bought that just keeps expanding and getting better...

Either a **Knucklehead K55** for the perfect mix of "Fendery Marshall" sound (you have to hear it to understand) or the KH7 for some perfectly defined low end grunt

Just sold my K55... I still have an S120 with EL34s on one side and 6L6s on the other

I like the share shipping costs idea.
Besides my Komet 60 I have lots of cool amps like
Carr Sportsman
Magic Amps Brit
Marshall 20 watt PA head from the earl 70's
Swart AST
Fender Tweed Champ
Fender Tweed Harvard
Fender Tweed Princeton
Fender Brown Princeton
Fender Blackface Vibro Champ
Small Supro