Wanted: Amps to Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd probably be willing to ship my '66 Supro Thunderbolt if anyone is interested, but I'd need to get it serviced first. I think it needs the tube sockets replaced--gets a nasty buzz after it's cranked for a while.

Plus, the speaker isn't original. It already had a 15" Jensen Concert in it when I first became acquainted with it in 1973.

That's the only amp i've still got.

+1 on modeling this very special amp

Well, Cliff's interested in the Tweed Deluxe and similar era Gibson. It looks like Deaj is willing to throw in something for shipping on those 2. Anyone else? I can pack and ship them Friday. Fortunately those are the 2 smallest of the potential amps I have and should go in one box. I'll PM Cliff to make sure he wants them, but I'll just plan on shipping them Friday and sort the details later.

After they're modeled, people will probably want to send me $ in suitcases just for the sounds;-) A guy can dream....

Do you have a PayPal account? This would be the quickest way to send money (as 'gift' - no fee). I'm good for up to $50 as needed. Keep me posted.

Do you have a PayPal account? This would be the quickest way to send money (as 'gift' - no fee). I'm good for up to $50 as needed. Keep me posted.

I do have PP. I just PM'd Cliff to confirm that he really wants them. If so, I'll get them out Friday and let you (and any other contributors) know what the damages are.

I'd probably be willing to ship my '66 Supro Thunderbolt if anyone is interested, but I'd need to get it serviced first. I think it needs the tube sockets replaced--gets a nasty buzz after it's cranked for a while.

Plus, the speaker isn't original. It already had a 15" Jensen Concert in it when I first became acquainted with it in 1973.

That's the only amp i've still got.

Those are great sounding amps. I'd contribute to getting that modeled.

I also have a Blackface Super Reverb that I'd be willing to pull out of the cabinet. My general thought is "yes, I've got some amps people might want, but shipping 2x is expensive these days and I'm interested to see who's willing to split shipping on what amps."

Other amps that I have that would be worth modeling. ToneKing Metropolitan, Carr Rambler, Ampeg Gemini II (one of best clean sounds ever....really), Ampeg Super Echo Twin (Frampton tone anyone?), BF Princeton Reverb (different than Princetons modeled already which are Tweed and non-reverb = less gain), awesome sounding 58 Tweed Deluxe, Gibson GA? 5 or 6 (can't remember, but it's like Tweed Deluxe, but gainy as hell and drives beautifully).

I'd pull any of these to ship, but if people want any of them in there, anyone willing to throw in on shipping?

I'd throw in on someone else's BF Super happily also and possibly others that I haven't seen named yet. Even as I say this I'm not feeling a lack of great amps in the Axe now. Between tone matching and the amazing sounds of 7, it's hard to see what's not already possible. V7 completely blew my mind again yesterday as I heard some of the best tone I've ever heard come out of anyone's rig ever...and there it was coming out of mine. Nothing fancy either. Same patches I've been running, just gain reset and amp refreshed. Basic Fender stuff. Twin sounds incredibly huge now and absolutely amazing with drive pedal into it.

It's an amazing time to own an Axe II.

Depending on the details, I would pitch for a few of these to get shipped. You've got some great amps that I think would prove unique compared to what's already in the Axe. LOVE the Gemini II.. and those small Gibsons. I've had some of these amps as well.

It's preferable to just have the head.

However... the Super Reverb is really just a 50W version of a Twin Reverb with different speakers. I bet you could get really close by shooting an IR of the cab and using the Twin Reverb model. Maybe a Tone Match after to clean things up, if necessary.

Honestly, my results at attempting a tone match have sounded thin and non-representative compared to the way the real amp sounds, and what I find in most of the sims on the Axe II (or Ultra, for that matter). If you're interested, I will ship the head to you and let you play with it to get a good version in the Axe Fx. I sincerely think you'll make many an Axer happy if you'd add it.

Even if it is a half power twin, it has a character many here love (including, obviously, me). Give the word, and an address, and I'll get to work on getting the head out and mounting it in something safe to ship.

Cliff,

If I send you a BOSS GT-PRO, will you model all its modifiers so I can controller every Axe-Fx II parameter I want w/ my MFC-101, foot switches and expression pedals? I'm pretty sure I bought an Axe-"Fx" II and not an Axe-Preamp II ;-) Seriously though, I love my Axe-Fx II and it's the best sounding gear I have ever used b/c of all its power, flexibility and parameters but I don't want to sound like anyone or anything else. I want to be able to create my own custom sounds and that's why I bought the Axe-Fx II but w/ the lack of modifiers compared to the BOSS GT Series, I can't be as creative as I would like to. Also, if I send you my Line 6 UX2 and POD Farm Platinum can you model them, so we all can re-amp w/ the Axe-Fx II while playing back the whole mix through a DAW?

Sorry for the sarcasm but when the Axe-Fx II came out it had a good balance of features and now it seems like it's only about amp models to compete w/ the Kemper. Please don't get sidetracked by competitors. Keep the Axe-Fx II the best full featured device out there!

Applying eq doesn't make a new amp.

I'm really wishing for some good, swirly, juicy low/medium gain thingys. Different power stage breakup characters than what's already there. Been posted before, but here we go again: :)

I know,but EQ does make the sound..
And sometimes it`s darn cool..to have the Sound of the amp,even if you dont have it. Get me??

And it`s soo easy.

You don`t like TM block?

But we sold all our amps Cliff since we don't need them anymore:p

On a serious note this thread just shows how awesome Cliff is and dedication to his customers and product. Someone send this man some ENGLs.

Cliff,

I have Several and I am willing to do them one at a time. How long do you need them as I have records to make!

Here is the List:

Bad Cat Lynx 50
Bad Cat Lil 15
Carr Slant 6V (w/5881's)
Carr Mercury
Wizard Modern Classic 2
Wizard MTL 100 (Both Wizards are updated and maintained by Rick himself for me)
Naylor Dual Drive 60 (This one is a favorite of the whole lot!)
Silvertone 1484 in perfect condition

Drool. BadCat and Naylor.... o boy... is Dual Drive much different than the SD?

The Dual Drive is the exact same circuit at the Super Drive. It just provides a foot switch to shift between the low and high gain inputs and adds a separate gain control for the low in.

It's a killer head I have used on countless records.

Kato

ATT Cliff:

Would you consider setting up a "donate account" where those of us that would consider donating towards the cost of shipping interesting amps from forum members to you to model.
I propose this so that the forum members could unite in sponsoring the shipping cost, instead of the individual amp owners having to both provide the amp, risk it been damaged in shipping and having to pay for the shipping.
Since we´ll all (including FAS) benefit from members willing to loan and ship their amps, I think it would only be fair if we contribute in covering the cost.
Just a thought - what do you think ???
RB

I wonder`d this my self. "donate account"
How mutch does it cost to send an 40 kg amp 30,20.. i dont know ??

And is this something that could be done in Cliff`s name..to his acount.
So we get him the money,and he pay`s for the shipping :)

could it be like 125 dollar`s 2 days shipping (Vox ac 30)
And like 50 dollar if it takes 5-6 days??

Then my vote go to 5-6 days.
This gives FAS some time to match this suckers :)

vAmp...don't you have anything better to do? Jeez H. Christ-on-a-crutch, you are a frigging wet blanket!
Sorry, forgot the "busting your balls" part again :D

At least, since my post people are now actually offering to send amps instead of whining for others to send bass amps... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom