Waitlist Email

Mine arrived yesterday evening. Spent hours building out a new live preset. Absolutely incredible how much more I could add that simply wouldn’t fit in my FM3 patches. Ultra high quality reverbs, a multiband comp after the cab block, high quality shimmers in the Plex block, and no extra pedals needed. Needless to say, it’s worth the wait. Enjoy!

Haven't heard any new orders for a few days, hopefully they're still plugging along at the same rate! Waitlist 11/3/22 so I'm hoping to have a unit in time to set it up for summer festival season. (all 3 weeks of it here in Michigan). :sunglasses:

Haven't heard any new orders for a few days, hopefully they're still plugging along at the same rate! Waitlist 11/3/22 so I'm hoping to have a unit in time to set it up for summer festival season. (all 3 weeks of it here in Michigan). :sunglasses:
Was just thinking the same thing! Lol.

I believe the last confirmed orders in this thread we’re from 8/9. I got on the waitlist on 8/10 and haven’t yet received my invite. I have been checking this thread and my email obsessively for days now.

Gah!

I believe the last confirmed orders in this thread we’re from 8/9. I got on the waitlist on 8/10 and haven’t yet received my invite. I have been checking this thread and my email obsessively for days now.

Gah!
I can imagine you're jumping out of your skin right now! Good luck buddy! Keep us posted!

We know they were expecting another shipment this week. So maybe they are going through some QA inspection before releasing those units to the RSVP list. Maybe?

I'm 8/17 here. Just hoping I'll be part of this latest batch.

Keep in mind that the announcement of the new FM9 Turbo model was on August 9th. So there will probably be a large number of waitlist signups that will need to be filled when the next shipment arrives at Fractals HQ. So you may see a lot of orders going out to satisfy the waitlist signups for 8/9 before orders after the 9th start being fulfilled.

Keep in mind that the announcement of the new FM9 Turbo model was on August 9th. So there will probably be a large number of waitlist signups that will need to be filled when the next shipment arrives at Fractals HQ. So you may see a lot of orders going out to satisfy the waitlist signups for 8/9 before orders after the 9th start being fulfilled.
Well the turbo was only brought to be because of the parts shortage... dunno if that generated much extra interest or dis-interest given the reason for the switch to the "turbo". Or as I'd prefer to call it revision B.:)

Keep in mind that if you already received a regular FM9 early on, you may be at the bottom of the list for the Turbo. I got this message from Fractal despite my waitlist date of August 9th,2022.
"Your name has not come up, but we are limiting FM9 purchases to one unit per customer. You already ordered one in October 2021.
I know that it was a standard, not turbo, but there are still hundreds of people who haven't had a chance to purchase at all yet."
I think it's a bad business model as I would be getting rid of my regular fm9 once I get the turbo.
Seems like the early adopters are being punished. It's not even the same model.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind that if you already received a regular FM9 early on, you may be at the bottom of the list for the Turbo. I got this message from Fractal despite my waitlist date of August 9th,2022.
"Your name has not come up, but we are limiting FM9 purchases to one unit per customer. You already ordered one in October 2021.
I know that it was a standard, not turbo, but there are still hundreds of people who haven't had a chance to purchase at all yet."
I think it's a bad business model as I would be getting rid of my regular fm9 once I get the turbo.
Not sure how they would police it anyway as a person could always just give a different email and address and credit card and could just put it under a buddy's name or something. I wouldn't do that, personally, because I feel like it's a bit unscrupulous, but it's not like they can really stop someone if they really wanted to grab a Turbo, it seems to me.

It doesn’t sound like a bad business model. They’re selling a new unit to someone. It just sounds like you’re not happy with their decision, which is fine but it’s not about their business. I think it shows that they care about their customers and they have principles - they want every one to have one in a pretty fair manner.

I'm pretty sure when I go to Best Buy to buy a tv, they don't ask me if I already have one. I offered to send the regular fm9 back to no avail. Regardless, as an early adopter I think there should be a swap program for those that were confident in the hardware to begin with.
Fractal isn't Best Buy... And Best Buy isn't selling something they make, they're a retailer.

Not really a valid comparison.

I understand your frustration, but Fractal decides how they want to sell.

I'm pretty sure when I go to Best Buy to buy a tv, they don't ask me if I already have one. I offered to send the regular fm9 back to no avail. Regardless, as an early adopter I think there should be a swap program for those that were confident in the hardware to begin with.
Best Buy will sell you a new one - but I bet they won't take the old one in trade . . .

Fractal isn't Best Buy... And Best Buy isn't selling something they make, they're a retailer.

Not really a valid comparison.

I understand your frustration, but Fractal decides how they want to sell.
It was an extreme example filled with hyperbole. I could have just as easily said, the Apple store. Regardless, my original post, although filled with frustration, was also to let people know since they may also own the original model.

It was an extreme example filled with hyperbole. I could have just as easily said, the Apple store. Regardless, my original post, although filled with frustration, was also to let people know since they may also own the original model.
Yes - good for people to be aware.

Back
Top Bottom