Waitlist Email

Received my FM9 Today via UPS - about 20 minutes ago. Great Jubilation! Then, just minutes ago while reading materials from the box, I got the news that Jeff Beck has left us. Oh Jeff, you have been in my life so long I cannot remember a time without you.
Great sadness.
But I have a pretty cool answer to “where were you when you heard that Jeff Beck passed?”

Received my FM9 Today via UPS - about 20 minutes ago. Great Jubilation! Then, just minutes ago while reading materials from the box, I got the news that Jeff Beck has left us. Oh Jeff, you have been in my life so long I cannot remember a time without you.
Great sadness.
But I have a pretty cool answer to “where were you when you heard that Jeff Beck passed?”
And I was reading the Fractal Audio forum...RIP, JB. Thanks for the music. 🎸😢

One thing that would be cool is if on the OG units if fractal would honor warranty repairs to ANY owner original or not for say till the end of 2023 or mid 2024.... to give potential new owners more peace of mind when buying a slightly used one. I think it would help the secondary market feel confident in their purchase and people that just "gotta have the turbo" well.. they are gonna sell em when they can get a new one anyway... again.. nothing wrong with standing by a product and being a little more flexible about it. IMO..
I don’t see how Fractal benefits by people buying used gear. In your scenario, they’d have to cover repairs but wouldn’t have made any money on the sale.

was it that way on older versions of the AXE? I know my Ultra said Ultra on the front
The Ultra was badged differently from the Standard, because it was not only twice the horsepower, but also a new product with new features, and it required different firmware.

The Axe-Fx II XL and XL+ were badged differently from the Mk I, because they were new products with new features and/or hardware, and they required different firmware.

Both the Axe-Fx III and the FM9 have Turbo versions. They are not badged differently, because they all take the same firmware as their original versions.

Seems like I might've gotten passed over somehow. I got on the waitlist on 1/29/2022, I received the confirmation too. Anyone have any suggestions?

Edit: I've searched through Junk and Trash folders, didn't seem to be there. Thanks for the suggestion to email Sales!

Last edited:
I don’t see how Fractal benefits by people buying used gear. In your scenario, they’d have to cover repairs but wouldn’t have made any money on the sale.
Just standing by a product that is still struggling to get its way into people's homes... Heck... make a buy an extended extra year for $100.. I work on computers and several manufacturers will extend warranties for up to 5 years and you don't have to be the original owner.

Just standing by a product that is still struggling to get its way into people's homes... Heck... make a buy an extended extra year for $100.. I work on computers and several manufacturers will extend warranties for up to 5 years and you don't have to be the original owner.
This is my feeling, too. The warranty of a product should be associated with its serial number, and regardless of who the owner is, it should always be checked for user damage. If there's user damage, at that point, it doesn't really matter who the original owner is, since the warranty would be void. My concern, as a first time Fractal buyer, is that if the warranty has such stringent requirements, am I going to have to jump through hoops if I, as an original owner, need support? I'm sure their support team is amazing, but I'm not all that keen on spending nearly $2,000 on a product and having to go through hurdles if something goes wrong with it.

Definitely rubs me the wrong way a bit about the third-party reseller thing related to warranties. Some of us want a product and might be willing to pay a premium, such as through Reverb or eBay, to get it sooner. I also would comment that other sellers (like Reverb) offer financing through Affirm, which can be really appealing. So there are a lot of perks, besides wait time, to purchase from someone other than Fractal. It's bothersome that if I opt for another one of those options, I wouldn't be a valued customer and be covered under warranty support.

My concern, as a first time Fractal buyer, is that if the warranty has such stringent requirements, am I going to have to jump through hoops if I, as an original owner, need support?
Absolutely not.

First, the chance of needing any hardware support is very small; They design and build the units for use by professional touring musicians, even the FM3. But, when there's a problem, they're very liberal in their support to the original owner. They also have an incredible rate of firmware upgrades, almost a steady stream, so when you buy a unit within a couple of months it can do more than when it was purchased. I know of NO company in this market that does anything close.

Being able to treat the original purchaser with that service would be sacrificed if they extended it to secondary and any following owners because they'd be leaking money. They need to stick with their current model because it's working well.

Absolutely not.

First, the chance of needing any hardware support is very small; They design and build the units for use by professional touring musicians, even the FM3. But, when there's a problem, they're very liberal in their support to the original owner. They also have an incredible rate of firmware upgrades, almost a steady stream, so when you buy a unit within a couple of months it can do more than when it was purchased. I know of NO company in this market that does anything close.

Being able to treat the original purchaser with that service would be sacrificed if they extended it to secondary and any following owners because they'd be leaking money. They need to stick with their current model because it's working well.
Appreciate the reply to you and the above poster. That's comforting to hear. Frankly, I had only come to these forums to read about the wait times, and was going to purchase from Reverb before ever finding out these forums existed. I'm glad I learned here about the warranty policy, as I'd be peeved if I purchased the item third-party, had a problem, and wasn't able to get support. I think it's a strange policy, is all; don't penalize people who want to be owners of a product that they can't buy from the manufacturer! But I'm hopeful to have the chance to buy directly from Fractal, though I'm not sure how much longer I want to wait lol

Last edited:
Just an update on delivery for anyone that may be tracking, destination is in sf bay area,
estimated delivery Tuesday, January 17...
And yes I'm very excited too!
Only the RSVP request date and actual invitation date are of use for what I’m tracking.

The FM9 is worth being excited about… heck, all the units are. It’s amazing technology.

I received an email response from sales, along with an invitation to order! Said they sent my invitation email yesterday (although I didn’t receive one for some reason?).

Waitlisted: Aug. 4 2022 4:01pm
Invitation to purchase: Jan. 6 2:47pm
Ordered: Jan. 6 2:54pm
My FM9 is on the big brown truck and out for delivery by the end of today! Friday the 13th… I sure hope nothing goes wrong! ☺️
5CDEAD93-6D1A-48E7-824C-AF1A2B2143E3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom