• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Vox AC 30 Axe FX 3 vs. Kemper

darrenw5094

Certified Bug Hunter
I'm going to guess that Unit 1 is the Fractal. Thinner and janglier than the unit 2 with the gain up. I preferred the clean on unit 1.

sprint

Fractal Fanatic
Great comparison - I had no idea which unit produced which one while listening but tones I liked best turned out to be the Fractal ones - phew!

Muad'zin

Fractal Fanatic
Classics like U2's Rejoice and Radiohead's Knives Out? :astonished:

Those are obscure by the standards of even U2 and Radiohead diehard fanatics. And I know cause I've been one for both bands.:tonguewink:

Digitalnoob

Inspired
I felt unit 1 was a little too bright in all clips, ifight cut through a mix a little better but was not to my liking. Unit 2 was very brittle in the clean clip. So I would choose unit 2

yyz67

Power User
@AnswerInfinity While I understand comparisons in a mix, I'd prefer at least some comparisons solo/dry, perhaps with the same DI guitar tracks with varying levels of guitar signal / pick attack to explore touch sensitivity of clean, mid, high gain. Of course there is no way for a recording to capture the "feel" of the two side by side.

AnswerInfinity

Inspired
@AnswerInfinity While I understand comparisons in a mix, I'd prefer at least some comparisons solo/dry, perhaps with the same DI guitar tracks with varying levels of guitar signal / pick attack to explore touch sensitivity of clean, mid, high gain. Of course there is no way for a recording to capture the "feel" of the two side by side.

That's not a bad idea. I have to hook them up for reamping so I could do that. I'm not sure how much of a viewer base there is for that kind of comparison, but it's worth exploring.

Top Bottom