Vox AC 30 Axe FX 3 vs. Kemper

I'm going to guess that Unit 1 is the Fractal. Thinner and janglier than the unit 2 with the gain up. I preferred the clean on unit 1.

Great comparison - I had no idea which unit produced which one while listening but tones I liked best turned out to be the Fractal ones - phew!

Classics like U2's Rejoice and Radiohead's Knives Out? :astonished:

Those are obscure by the standards of even U2 and Radiohead diehard fanatics. And I know cause I've been one for both bands.:tonguewink:

I felt unit 1 was a little too bright in all clips, ifight cut through a mix a little better but was not to my liking. Unit 2 was very brittle in the clean clip. So I would choose unit 2

@AnswerInfinity While I understand comparisons in a mix, I'd prefer at least some comparisons solo/dry, perhaps with the same DI guitar tracks with varying levels of guitar signal / pick attack to explore touch sensitivity of clean, mid, high gain. Of course there is no way for a recording to capture the "feel" of the two side by side.

@AnswerInfinity While I understand comparisons in a mix, I'd prefer at least some comparisons solo/dry, perhaps with the same DI guitar tracks with varying levels of guitar signal / pick attack to explore touch sensitivity of clean, mid, high gain. Of course there is no way for a recording to capture the "feel" of the two side by side.

That's not a bad idea. I have to hook them up for reamping so I could do that. I'm not sure how much of a viewer base there is for that kind of comparison, but it's worth exploring.

Back
Top Bottom