Version 6.00 Preview

FractalAudio said:
Soon. This is a big release accompanied by an MFC and Axe-Edit update. We have a new protocol that syncs everything. So if you change a preset via the front panel or Axe-Edit, the MFC syncs up, etc.

There's a whole bunch of other stuff too. Tuner now goes down to G0 (and is strobe-tuner accurate).

Wonder if the axe/mfc will work for Ethernet cable and midi. Or just Ethernet cable?

Soon. This is a big release accompanied by an MFC and Axe-Edit update. We have a new protocol that syncs everything. So if you change a preset via the front panel or Axe-Edit, the MFC syncs up, etc.

There's a whole bunch of other stuff too. Tuner now goes down to G0 (and is strobe-tuner accurate).

I love stuff! :)

Will this sync capability work with other MIDI controllers?

Thanks.

Not unless they are programmed to take into account for the new protocol.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not quite sure I get it. Do you mean that I would have to program the controller to take into account the new protocol, or do you mean that the MIDI controller itself--from the manufacturer--would have to be programmed to account for it?

The gist (for me) boils down to this. I have another MIDI controller for my rack. But I would use the Axe 2 for a studio set up. Would I (Should I) buy the MFC to control it instead of trying to have my other MIDI controller do double duty?

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not quite sure I get it. Do you mean that I would have to program the controller to take into account the new protocol, or do you mean that the MIDI controller itself--from the manufacturer--would have to be programmed to account for it?

The gist (for me) boils down to this. I have another MIDI controller for my rack. But I would use the Axe 2 for a studio set up. Would I (Should I) buy the MFC to control it instead of trying to have my other MIDI controller do double duty?

Thanks.

AFAIK the manufacturer has to make this possible.

Thanks.

If you're just trying to change patches, send controller on/off messages, expression pedals, etc. then anything that sends those standard MIDI messages will work fine. If you want to have a controller that integrates with the Axe-FX and Axe Edit specifically then the controller will need to be updated to support this.

Think of it like languages. Pretty much everything speaks MIDI including the Axe-FX, MFC, your other MIDI controller, etc. But Fractal is introducing a new language (protocol) to perform these new tasks.

MIDI is a trvial language (protocol) that has a very limited set of commands (vocabulary). It does have a catch all phrase (system exclusive or SysEx) that enables embedding any sort of propietary language (protocol) within it. Manufacturers have been using SysEx messages to transmit custom information since the inception of MIDI - Fractal is doing the same.

Can anybody (Cliff or beta testers) tell me, if the tuner sysex (Axe to controler) will change with 6.0 ?
TIA!

I read in another thread where Cliff posted that the tuner will be improved for lower tunings and the accuracy had been improved to match a strobe tuner.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Thank you!

I'm a Gordius user, so there's no auto load or similar (which I do not need). I just rely on having the tuner displayed at my feet, and this depends on the sysex data the Axe-Fx puts out for tuner info.

As for 6.0... BRING IT ON! :D
I'm still holding back recreating my core tones and need to create a new set of patches for a 60s/70s gig 8)

All of this makes me want an Axe-Fx II even more. I love my Ultra, but it has always bothered me that I have to know a million different things to get the tone I want. The fact that this firmware will make it easier to dial in an amazing tone with basic amp know how makes me hot in my pants :lol

I keep opening my email inbox everyday hoping to get that wonderful email with the discount coupon to purchase the II. I guess life thinks I'm not ready for it yet :lol

Me as well.....I have temporarily lost creativity for patch creation while I await 6.0. I wonder how many other have this affliction :)

Thank you!

I'm a Gordius user, so there's no auto load or similar (which I do not need). I just rely on having the tuner displayed at my feet, and this depends on the sysex data the Axe-Fx puts out for tuner info.

As for 6.0... BRING IT ON! :D
I'm still holding back recreating my core tones and need to create a new set of patches for a 60s/70s gig 8)

Me as well.....I have temporarily lost creativity for patch creation while I await 6.0. I wonder how many other have this affliction :)

Me too. But what a great problem to have eh? Cliff is absolutely amazing. I can't believe how many times my mind has been blown by the increasing functionality of each FREE firmware update.

Back
Top Bottom