Version 6.00 Preview

Pretty damn cool! Adam, post a clip of that Rockman too if you get a chance. Curious to hear how matching something like that translates.

Hey guys...

Source was this Youtube clip. Van Halen "Somebody Get Me A Doctor" Isolated Guitar Track. - YouTube

It is a less than ideal source because of the amount of reverb on the original track and not to mention whatever the funky Youtube compression does to the audio. But you can tell that despite these limitations the results are pretty damn good.

The amp that was "tone matched" is a Friedman HBE model. So basically you just pick an amp that is in the ball park of the tone you are trying to match. Then you go through the process which we will outline for you in the release notes and a quick tutorial video. It is quick and easy and totally "in the box".

less low end ?
Beware the psychoacoustic effects of different volume levels. The louder clip always sounds better.
On my PC soundcloud clips are played significantly lower than youtube clips.

To me both the youtube original and the fractal emulation sound pretty much identical.

Also...I don't own a Eddie "super-strat" style guitar. I used a PRS SC245 for this which has a humbucker in the bridge but otherwise is quite a different instrument from Eddie's frankenstein. Solid tailpiece instead of a trem, glue on instead of bolt-on neck, mahogany body, etc. So it would probably be even closer if I actually had the right guitar!

Back
Top Bottom