Version 6.0 is Great!!

Be sure to check out the Hiwatt models. They're matched to a "closet find" '74 Hiwatt. And by closet find I mean it looks like new and still has the original tubes. An incredible amp (that cost me a small fortune).
The hiwatt preset around the 800 preset can't remember the number sounds great.

Thank you SOOOO much Cliff and everyone at FAS :)

You've all made the guitar world a better place :)

I went WHAT!!! All new presets sound like crap!!! Bass kazoo is close to what i heard.
My presets didnt change much.

System Reset.... ok.. now all is better.

Thanks Cliff and Co! Digging in now.

Among my favorites:

AC30TB. Default settings, decrease bass a little, increase treble a bit, and set Drive at 5.50. Roars with my Tele.
BE: has replaced the XTC Blue as my favorite crunch tone. Also: try switching on Saturation for incredible lead tones.
HiWatt Brill: as an alternative to the AC30TB.
ODS Lead.

Yes V6 is great, awfully great indeed:D. Love the more crunchy and "distorty" fell that I get with it. Thanks Cliff (and all your team) for spending all that time and effort. It is all very worthwhile. And thanks for providing it for FREE. I've just bought the MFC-101, hope that goes to help you carry on with your quest.

Clarky, please share what was wrong and how you fixed it.
Good for others to know.

I re-downloaded 6.0 and re-installed..
I can only guess that there was corruption during the first download attempt..
the sound of the first 6.0 I installed was horrific.. it was as if every control in the amp was set to 10.. and the bass was at 11..
I downloaded and installed the 6.0 presets and it made no difference...
but the re-download and re-install of 6.0 sorted it all out..

its amazing it can actually get better!! i was as happy as a pig n poo before... Now.. i made it to hiwatt land.. (hmm must stop putting so many periods.....) they so far sound and feel amazing-ummm er. I haven't owned any of the amps in the black box of beauty to judge if they sound as good as the original that sounds different to that original or that one etc but they sound bl00dy great to me.. Thanks Cliff and the Fractal team, most excellent job.

I re-downloaded 6.0 and re-installed..
I can only guess that there was corruption during the first download attempt..
the sound of the first 6.0 I installed was horrific.. it was as if every control in the amp was set to 10.. and the bass was at 11..
I downloaded and installed the 6.0 presets and it made no difference...
but the re-download and re-install of 6.0 sorted it all out..

was it just fairly "woofy" sounding or did it sound like a busted elevator speaker?

The reason I ask is because most of mine, except for the naturally bright presets, sound muffled/nasal-y. It may be something to the effect, i guess, to where I could change my global EQ to somewhat accomodate it but I just wanted to make that I wasn't having the same issue.

What I've had to do so far is lower the global low end a small amount so far, raise the input trim about 30%, increase the low cut considerably, increase definition by 20%, increase presence blah blah blah.. to get a basic canvas to work with.

In hind site it sounds silly now but.... to everyone else... is that a reasonable amount of adjustments to start of with??

**Added Note for Clarification***
It is something that I AM doing wrong, not the box. I am mostly dumb to these issues. If it came with crayons, I could draw Love and Warfare for you.....

-Updated firmware
-then updated axe-edit
-then updated mfc
-then reset parameters on unit and mfc

Last edited:
Be sure to check out the Hiwatt models. They're matched to a "closet find" '74 Hiwatt. And by closet find I mean it looks like new and still has the original tubes. An incredible amp (that cost me a small fortune).

The Hiwatt amp was a something I wanted to use in the previous firmware, but I found myself gravitating away from it to other models. Last night I stumbled upon it and it sucked me into its awesomeness and I couldn't get out. Now there is a gap of about 2 hours in my life that I cannot account for! Great sounding amp Cliff. Thanks much.

Tried 6.0 for a few hours last night...I didn't want to stop playing. All the patches sound, well, more dynamic/organic. I'm super impressed w/all the new features! Thanks FAS.

the sound here we know is in the Mids and they nailed it. I finished up a tune last night and what a difference in how the tone sits in a mix. Its so Warm ,FAT and the harmonics are all over the place. Please dont change this tone. It cant get better. :D

The Hiwatt is indeed great - my arm started automatically twirling in Townsend circles. Really great sound.

The chords are now scaaaary balanced. They shimmer like nothing else. The balance is the best way to describe it for me. Everything sounds smoooth! liquid, floooowy. mmmmh.

Back
Top Bottom