V7 Dumble was better

prometh

Power User
I don't like this new V10/V11 Dumble; it just doesn't have the balls of the Bludotone.

Any idea on what advanced params could be used to change it "back"?

I don't like this new V10/V11 Dumble; it just doesn't have the balls of the Bludotone.

Any idea on what advanced params could be used to change it "back"?

can you do a recording with the same setting between both firmwares.... best way to back up your claims.

Every Dumble is different, and #232 sounds kinda weak for my tastes. Back up what? I'm talking about taste here. GT-6? GOOD IDEA!

Bludotone is not a dumble

It is a 'clone" of a dumble.

Which dumble was cloned for that particular Bludotone (Serial#)?

Was it HRM?
Classic tone stack?
Bluesmaster?
70's rock voicing?
80's ?
90's?
6L6?
EL34?
Big Iron?
Bright cap?
No Bright cap?
Did he use high cap wires to simulate a dumblelator?
etc
etc
etc

Also as mentioned before -- every dumble is different. dumble made 200 plus amps -- all of them were custom built to the specific needs of the musician that purchased it.

I owned several Bludotones as well as many "D" Style amps.

The current Dumble in the Axe-FX is the shitz ... I am having a blast with that dumble.

Not even my Dumblehead friends who own real Dumbles could not say anything bad about it.

And that my friend ... says a lot!

Last edited:
You are asking for parameters adjustments in V11, just post a sound sample of your V7 dumble tone as reference, because how can anyone possibly know the tone you are talking of ?

I know the Bludotone is a clone. But I liked the V7 Bludotone better!

I believe that amp was an Ojai.. which is a clone of Robben ford's amp.

It is certainly a different flavor amp. I played that amp (real one) and it is virtually unplayable without the high gauge aircraft cables and the dumblelator.

In any event -- I would check out the Bludojai amp sim in the Axe. It is the same amp.

It is a kick-ass amp --Galo posted a few clips and he kills through it!

*gasp* The V7 "Dumble" is still in V11, but as the "Bludojai Lead" .... !! :D

there you go!!!!

enjoy!

Great amp. Brandon knows how to clone amps

A lot of cats don't want to tour with their dumbles (especially overseas) so they go to Brandon (Bludotone) so he can clone them.

some of the cats whose Dumbles Brandon has cloned include:

Carlos Santana
Robben Ford
Larry Carlton

Personally, IMHO, and with all disclaimers, the current Dumble model is amazing. Far better than the modeled clones. But then again, not trying to start a war, just sayin' it's really, really, really good!

Reactions: LVC
*gasp* The V7 "Dumble" is still in V11, but as the "Bludojai Lead" .... !! :D

Yes, that's my amp. Bludotone Ojai, and was modeled with the "Looplator" Forumite LVC was referring to....it's modeled on Robben Ford's amp. It's incredibly versatile amp (the AXE II version too), in AXE II changing the Master from 3 to 4 or 5 changes the sound a lot/more bass (has bright cap on the MV), combine that with variations on Input gain low to high and it goes from sweet clean to snarling infinite sustain.

See Yek's Wiki post:

AMP (block): list - Axe-Fx II Wiki

There are some other tricks, like change the tone stack from DEFAULT to SKYLINE; it was modeled with the PreAmp Boost "On" and that will get you more like the sound of the PAB "off." I pair it with G12-65's (IR's I shot of 2 X12 Cab and 1 X12 ported Bludotone Cab) but some like the EVL just fine. I actually prefer it to the AXE II Dumble overdrive which is more of the "Hot Rubber Monkey" HRM Dumble, although that Dumble Clean is pretty sweet/amazing! The Bludo has great mids but still nice highs and lows, it cuts through on stage very well.

Glad you love it as much as I do! I'm forever grateful to Cliff for modeling it; Bludotone's Brandon Montgomery (who makes these amazing amps) blessed the deal.

Personally, IMHO, and with all disclaimers, the current Dumble model is amazing. Far better than the modeled clones. But then again, not trying to start a war, just sayin' it's really, really, really good!

I am with you on this one.

the amp just freaking kills!!!!

The Dumble model has been one of my my go-to's on the Axe-II for a long time. IMO, v10 and v11 only improved it.

Hmm... I *JUST* setup up the ODS-100 on my 'go to' preset for my P-90 guitar. I cannot remember which amp it displaced before it, but the ODS just sounded really good with the Collings 290.

It has been a long while since I used the Dumble models on the Axe-FX, but it has certainly become a favourite now. I still dial it in a lot cleaner than most the the clips on here, but I'd be interested in learning the best way to get it into that Robben Ford honky overdriven territory...

Back
Top Bottom