Ultra Unavailale? Where can I purchase one?

I don't work for them, but here's my understanding of it....

Supply - there may be none available. They do a stringent burn-in and that takes time. They can only test and ship so many a day. Imagine ordering one, paying for it and it doesn't ship for a week because of a backlog? Folks would be PISSED. They can only offer up what they can reasonably ship daily.

That's just my understanding, I have no real world insight into how/why Fractal works.

Just trying to help you out and answer your question to the best of my ability.

I just bought a Standard from Rob at Tone Merchants in Burbank CA. I'm Australian and had been trying to buy one for some time from the Australian distributor (no luck). So as I was going to LA for other reasons I rocked up to Tone Merchants with cash, only to find he had been waiting for weeks for his shipment of a dozen Ultras, all of which were already long since sold. After some serious harassment he finally gave in and sold me his solitary floor demo Standard.

Anyway to the point of my post - while talking to Rob he made it clear that demand totally outstrips supply. Fractal appear to be caught in that awful situation of trying to maintain quality (by not rushing production or expanding capacity too quickly) while dealing with the relentless pressure of demanding customers. While I totally applaud them for staying focused on quality, it does mean that there will be many frustrations felt by customers.

Rob also indicated that he has some "big name" customers awaiting their units. If the "big names" of LA are having to wait, well there's not much hope for us mere mortals. Keep hitting the website, or if you are in (or can get to) Los Angeles, contact Rob at Tone Merchants (due to his arrangement with Fractal, he cannot ship units to addresses outside of California).

Yup, have one on the way to Texas right now myself and know at least two other people who got them at the same time.
I ordered it on Tuesday. Also there were like 9 units in the store yesterday. But they were sold out quickly within one hour or so.

Yes and no. From a business perspective you want to have demand, but if you cannot make enough units, you aren't making as much money as you could be. People would end up turning away from it or getting impatient. It's good to have a demand but not to the severity that it's at now.

My Ultra Arrived

Well I purchased it Tuesday with 2nd day delivery, and as promised it just arrived! I can't wait to try it out though I won't have time until tonight or tomorrow, but I've started looking through the manual.

Very exciting!

Hi. I'm new to the forum, this is my first post. I've decided to make the leap and purchase the Axe-Fx Ultra... unfortunately every time I go to the purchase link on the Fracktal site I get a msg that says "The Axe-Fx Ultra Effects Processor is not currently available. Please contact us for availability of this item." So... I contacted by the only method that appears to be available "sales@fractalaudio.com" and waited 3 days before I got a response. The response said simply "They are now back in stock."...

So... I went back to the site, tried to add it to my cart and got the same no available msg.

Can anyone help me figure out how to purchase one of these?

Thanks.

Robert

I think they're migrating to the Axe Fx Vista.

Just ordered my first Ultra! yeah baby yeah:) I'm nervous scared and excited all at the same time...sort of like getting married.

Yes and no. From a business perspective you want to have demand, but if you cannot make enough units, you aren't making as much money as you could be. People would end up turning away from it or getting impatient. It's good to have a demand bungit not to the severity that it's at now.
I mostly, if not totally agree, but then FAS is not B*ringer with Chinese factories churning them out by the boat load with cheap parts, etc. I view them as a "boo-tique" modeler vendor that has limited supply and resources. Remember back when you couldn't find a Doc-Z amp anywhere!
This is no different.. and ramping up production for a product like the Axe-Fx while maintaining quality is VERY expensive!
They may lose a few sales over supply issues, but the demand is still high. That is good.

I'M IN!

Well Hello Everyone!
I have been holding out telling you all that I too have become part of the "Fractal Family" I ordered my Ultra AXE-Fx on Tuesday and it will be here on Friday and I got to tell you I have butterflies. My brain is just spinning! I received my MFC-101 already and was nervous just trying to order the Ultra due to the big demand lately. Seems that everyone is taking the plunge! I really think that this product "IS" the answer to all of the "GEAR GAS" and I haven't even tried yet; but believe me when I tell you all, that I have had and tried everything from the top shelf to the bottom shelf. I just came off a voyage from the Line 6 boat with a DT-50 and a HD-500. I got rid of the DT-50 (4 of them, whole other nightmare!). I kept the HD-500 I'll have to just add it to my toys. This Ultra won't be a toy, but a powerful tool and artist brush! I just can't wait!:D

ACh! The Ultra was in stock while I was filling out my details, once I clicked accept, it said it wasn't in stock! It hurts...

I mostly, if not totally agree, but then FAS is not B*ringer with Chinese factories churning them out by the boat load with cheap parts, etc. I view them as a "boo-tique" modeler vendor that has limited supply and resources. Remember back when you couldn't find a Doc-Z amp anywhere!
This is no different.. and ramping up production for a product like the Axe-Fx while maintaining quality is VERY expensive!
They may lose a few sales over supply issues, but the demand is still high. That is good.

Yeah, I don't want to the quality to suffer by any means. The idea though is that if you don't have a product to sell, you aren't making any money but losing it because of all the overhead cost that come with running a business and having employees, etc. If they're only putting out a dozen or less a day, that's really bad...

It may not be just a matter of build time. I mean, automated assembly can churn out units like the Axe-FX without a drop in quality. The laborious part is quality control. Someone has to put each unit through a test suite and report on any units with build problems or component failures. Training someone (and paying them) to do this may not be as easy as it sounds. If Cliff is comfortable with his production volume and his sales revenue, then I for one am not about to encourage him to do anything that puts the current level of quality control in jeopardy. Capiche?

literally dude a week and a half ago i was having the same problem..unavailable...and a vague shitty statement from fractal.."check at noon"...make a post saying u will pay top dollar for one and someone will pop up real quick

Back
Top Bottom