Ultra Unavailale? Where can I purchase one?

RobertR

Hi. I'm new to the forum, this is my first post. I've decided to make the leap and purchase the Axe-Fx Ultra... unfortunately every time I go to the purchase link on the Fracktal site I get a msg that says "The Axe-Fx Ultra Effects Processor is not currently available. Please contact us for availability of this item." So... I contacted by the only method that appears to be available "sales@fractalaudio.com" and waited 3 days before I got a response. The response said simply "They are now back in stock."...

So... I went back to the site, tried to add it to my cart and got the same no available msg.

Can anyone help me figure out how to purchase one of these?

Thanks.

Robert

Demand evidently is high; watch the used market too (the classifieds here are a good place to start).

I've read that folks check the Fractal online store each day about noon EST.

Thanks both - I guess I'll just keep checking every day, I was worried that perhaps the ordering system was malfunctioning.

I take it as a good sign that they are in such high demand. But then, maybe it's just that everyone has gotten wise to the notion of buying their big toys now before the global oil reserve currency changes and the U.S. economy goes through hyper-inflation. ;)

Bought mine with ZERO issues, just last week - first try. Online at Fractal. This sounds more like some interface parsing error or something - are you within an area that gets/can receive mail/couriered items?? Just asking - sounds crazy, but this to me sounds less like an inventory issue than it does something funky with the commerce page.

Just my 2 cents,
V.

No, you just got lucky with your timing.

They put small quantities into store inventory at irregular times through the week.

Just out of curiousity... why? I mean, why wouldn't they want to sell them if there are buyers?

I don't work for them, but here's my understanding of it....

Supply - there may be none available. They do a stringent burn-in and that takes time. They can only test and ship so many a day. Imagine ordering one, paying for it and it doesn't ship for a week because of a backlog? Folks would be PISSED. They can only offer up what they can reasonably ship daily.

That's just my understanding, I have no real world insight into how/why Fractal works.

Just trying to help you out and answer your question to the best of my ability.

I got an email from Fractal Friday saying there would be more available today (Monday) so I have anxiously been checking the site all day... still nothing. *sigh*

Yes, I agree with Scott. This happened to me last month and I just kept checking and Fractal actually emailed me when it was going to be available. They told me to check back a couple days after and when I did, I was able to get the Ultra and MFC-101 in the cart and purchased it right away. I checked back again the day after out of curiosity and it was not available. These things fly off the shelf real fast. My pedalboard, mission pedals and my atomic reactor was already waiting for the ultra and the mfc101. You just have to keep checking. Good Luck!

I got an email from Fractal Friday saying there would be more available today (Monday) so I have anxiously been checking the site all day... still nothing. *sigh*

I got the same quote from Friday. I'll keep checking as well, if I see them come in I'll try and shoot you a message. Good luck!

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything yet? I heard they were supposed to be back in stock on thursday or friday and I have been on this site all day, and nothing yet :( also someone on the site is selling one locally for `1900 and i might get that. Would there be any problems receiving updates or using the axe software???

I know man, i've been refreshing the page sooooo much. I wish someone would shine some light on our situation :/ I hope they dont restock tonight while im at work and not near a computer to order.

Got an e-mail response.

Fractal Audio to me
show details 3:27 PM (20 hours ago)
They didn't show up today. They are saying definitely tomorrow. Check back tomorrow PM.

Looks like this afternoon.

they almost always restock (from what I've heard, and what they told me in e-mail) at right around 12:00 noon Eastern Time Zone each day that they add some to inventory. If you refresh every 1/2 hour all day, all you are likely doing is freaking your self out and causing unnecessary stress. Relax, take a deep breath and you'll be fine.

1pm here eastern time - still nothing. Now that I've decided to make the leap and spend the money, waiting is tough.

Back
Top Bottom