Ultra Res IR cab pack (Mesa, Bogner,Two Rock,Matrix,Marshall ...)

You can sell .wav files no problem. In order to sell Ultrares files directly you may be required to buy a commercial license for cablab.

Thanks,
No I dont really want to make a new business :)
I want to have wav files which could be converted in Ultra res

Reactions: sam
No. UltraRes is proprietary. Ownhammer and Redwires UltraRes will be sold through the Fractal Store.

I was aware that a commercial license was required by a vendor to produce and sell UltraRes IR's. However, I have not read anything that says the vendor is also required to sell the UltraRes IR's through the Fractal Store. Is this an assumption on your part or have you read a post by Cliff or someone at Fractal about that being a requirement?

Terry.

Sign me up.

If you can do an impulse using a PZM taped to the back of the cab, that would be nice to add in a Cab Lab mix to add the depth of the cab to the sound.

That's a nice selection of cabs!

If you have some ideas or suggestions please welcome.

If the studio has nice AD/DA converters you might consider putting them to good use.
You can shoot multiple cabs/mics simultaneously like this:

- create a test signal (WAV 48kHz) - in Voxengo Deconvolver
- put it on a track in the DAW you use
- setup the track to output to both channels of the power amp - via the nice DA converters :mrgreen
- connect a cab to each power amp output
- set up multiple mics - for example four on each cab = 8 mics
- play the test signal and record each mic on a separate track

For each rec-button press you get multiple recorded objects (8 in the example).
Then move mics. Record. Move mics. Record. Next cabs. Record. ... etc...

Finally bounce each recorded object to a 24-bit mono wav file and batch deconvolve in Voxengo.

Way faster than shooting IR:s one by one.

You can sell .wav files no problem. In order to sell Ultrares files directly you may be required to buy a commercial license for cablab.

Correct.

You can't capture .wav files directly with the Axe-Fx II. You can capture .ir and .syx files. The .ir files are 8K IRs.

If you want .wav files you will need to use Voxengo or something like that for deconvolution and then convert the .wav to UltraRes sysex files. You cannot use CabLab for commercial purposes without a commercial license. So you can't buy CabLab and then use that to make UltraRes sysex files if you want to sell them. You can give them away if you want but if you want to sell them you will need a commercial license.

You also can't use the Axe-Fx II to capture UltraRes files and sell those without a commercial license.

If you want to sell them we encourage you to sell the through our store. Our store software is all automated so any updates/fixes are handled by the software. Billing, shipping, etc. is all automated. We send you a check each quarter. Plus you'll sell a lot more through us than if you try to do it on your own and you wont' have to deal with setting up a store-front, gateway, etc., etc. Of course we would have to audition the contents and see if it meets our quality standards.

Back
Top Bottom