Ultra Firmware Version 9.00 Released

Just came back from a fantastic Muse concert, wanted to chill out after the 1:45 hour drive through the night, and wow!

I love the new Rotary, and the reverb seems more prominent and more natural (lucky I wear ear plugs during the concert...)

GreatGreen said:
Please forgive the noobness of the question, but about the new cold-bias settings, is that something that effects the entire amp model all the time now, or just when you actually bias the amp a little colder than .035?
My guess here would be all the time. I think it means in very non pro terms that one important aspect of part of certain amps is more accurate now.

This looks awesome, many thanks yet again, Cliff :D

Can't wait to try it, but %$@&%@#$& I'll have to wait a couple of weeks. The GFC has made work really erratic - nothing for the last 4 weeks and now rehearsals and 5 gigs in 8 days.

GreatGreen said:
Please forgive the noobness of the question, but about the new cold-bias settings, is that something that effects the entire amp model all the time now, or just when you actually bias the amp a little colder than .035?
From the release notes:

"New pre-amp modeling accurately simulates “cold-biased” stages."

This has nothing to do with the bias parameter that's on the Advanced page. That sets the power tube bias.

Just got this loaded and it's sounding great so far! Created a basic patch with amp cab and reverb to test. Dropped a few of my fav amps in and my god they sound good. Now I'm no scientist but on some of the more agressive amps there seems to a be a better all round low end response which makes the amp feel tighter which is cool. I tried JCM800 and the Plexi's straight in and they sounded alive with little tweaking (other than a little virtual cranking!). Just dropped the vibe in before plexi 2 and it sounds sooo good, i've never used the real deal but it sounds really nice to me. Cranking the amps doesn't seem to send them into a pool of mush which I was getting before so bravo on that cliff, not sure if it's the new power amp model or the new tapers on the controls but I don't care! I can't really describe the new reverb block, I just set it to medium room, dropped it in after the cab and everything was there. It seemed to let the amp shine through, where before I was using low cuts on the rev block to remove muddiness I now find myself loving it at pretty much the defaults! Oh dear, it's bedtime.... Ok just a few more minutes playing :twisted:

I think to sum up what this update achieves for me is that I can now get pretty much any amp stick in a cab, reverb and my desired effects and it sounds bloody good! Cliff, I love you!

Scott Peterson said:
I am sick as hell with the flu, this makes me feel better. Peace.

Get well soon scott! This thing is like bad medicine, the doc says rest but it's just not possible!!

I'll have to wait for the standard but this update looks great. I use the Vibe all the time so I can't wait to hear it. I have a serious problem with the low end mush because of my Les Paul Custom. I really have to dial out a lot of 200hz after the amp block with a paraQ, so it'll be interesting to see if any of this new modeling will help with that.
Really want to hear the rotary too. I haven't been able to get along with the old one so far.

Cheers and thanks.

Thank you Cliff!!

I seem to be getting more harmonic content or something!
Whatever it is the amps just sound more "alive"!
The vibe is killer too...and the rotary...fantastic!!

Just reading the release notes and this update looks amazing!! But oh the agony!!! I can't update 'til early next week, gigging every night and am interstate on the weekend so it's probably not a wise time to go updating....

Thanks yet again Cliff for your endless pursuit of perfection in an already incredible product!

T

Holy Moses!

I am currently driving across the country and I said to my wife today. "I'll bet Cliff puts out the new update soon and leaves me jonesing for my Ultra the whole time we are on vacation." Now I'll be thinking of all of these amazing updates for the next two weeks!. I can't wait. Clips Needed!

Back
Top Bottom