Ultra Firmware Version 9.00 Released

gittarzann said:
soularflair said:
One oddity I noticed though...the "Master Of Puppets" patch...anyone notice it sounds really distant and unfocused now, like it's in a very boomy sounding room?

I thought the same thing, although I never cared for that preset to begin with.

Its the reverb mix that is set to 100% wet for some reason. Easy to fix!

tonygtr said:
gittarzann said:
soularflair said:
One oddity I noticed though...the "Master Of Puppets" patch...anyone notice it sounds really distant and unfocused now, like it's in a very boomy sounding room?
I thought the same thing, although I never cared for that preset to begin with.
Its the reverb mix that is set to 100% wet for some reason. Easy to fix!
Thanks for that! I thought it was my Strat ... :oops: Have to dig in deeper ...
Micha

rsf1977 said:
what's actually amazing is no one has any real complaints nor are there any bugs. Knock on wood lol. Nice work Cliff, well done.
Only posible complaint:
This thing starts to sound TOO good, soon it will play guitar without us... :cry:

niebla said:
rsf1977 said:
what's actually amazing is no one has any real complaints nor are there any bugs. Knock on wood lol. Nice work Cliff, well done.
Only posible complaint:
This thing starts to sound TOO good, soon it will play guitar without us... :cry:
Hey, this Autoplay Mode thingy was only a joke! :roll: Cliff would never try to disconnect us from that puppy ... :D ... :? ... Cliff? ... :shock: ... Cliiiiiff??? ... :eek: ... It. Was. Only. A. Joke. :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Micha

Cliff thanks for 9.00 truly amazing..

Now i can finally sell my rotosphere, the rotary sim is really good now ..
And i am in love with the new bogner :p:p

OK, upgraded and it does sound fantastic. But, my Ultra is no longer responding my my midi controller. Have I missed something here?

Edit: Ignore that - I had done something really dumb!

I'm no longer a firmware upgrade virgin.

Upgraded from 7.18 to 9.0 today using my Macbook pro and EMU cable. It worked perfectly - good checksum, no hiccups.

I waited on the fence for 2 weeks on this to make sure it would be worth it and to ensure I knew what I was doing.

This was well worth the effort and wait. The jump from 7.18 to 9 got me:
- Reworked DRVs.
- Reworked Shifter.
- Reworked Reverb.
- Poweramp Changes.
- New Rotery.
- New Univibe.

And that's just for a start.

I've spend this afternoon noodling and 100% agree with most on this thread - v9 is a SIGNIFICANT improvement to say the least.

I can't wait to see MARK DAY / SAMHILL'S 1st video using v9!!!

Paul

Gigged with 9.0 last night. I'm usually not one to hear changes that aren't there, but something is just better about this release. I've never been happier with my tone.

(Playing my new Taylor Solidbody didn't hurt, either. Taylor>Axe>K10 is badass!!!)

Just upgraded to 9.0... Simply awesome. Patches with the master cranked are now "chewy" for lack of a better word. I mean, my Gibson R8 is simply "off the hook" now. It breathes... its incredible. Way to go Cliff! I haven't gotten back to my Suhr Classic T w/ single coils yet, because I cant stop playing my LP. The secret sauce just keeps getting better!

Back
Top Bottom