Ultra Firmware Version 9.00 Released

sampleaccurate said:
Separate pre-delay for early reflections and reverb. YES!!!!

Note that the Reverb Delay is relative to the start of the early reflections. So a Reverb Delay value of zero means that the tail starts at the same time as the early reflections.

FractalAudio said:
sampleaccurate said:
Separate pre-delay for early reflections and reverb. YES!!!!

Note that the Reverb Delay is relative to the start of the early reflections. So a Reverb Delay value of zero means that the tail starts at the same time as the early reflections.

I noticed that. Works for me! Perfect!

Stephen Cole

Just loaded it up. Wow! On my old MOP patch you can hear more dynamics (I'm the worst at trying to verbalize sounds) but it sounds gooooood! Thanks Cliff for making the best bit of guitar kit ever even better. Wonderful!

Philip said:
"simulates “cold-biased” stages."

What does this mean?

-Phil

Cold-biased stages are where there's a very large cathode resistor so the operating point is close to the supply rail. For example, the SLO 100 has a 39K cathode resistor on the cold-biased stage.

SUP? :mrgreen:

HOT DAMN!!!!
Just sat down to jam and thought I'd see what was going on in here first,,and,, :eek:

Loading now....

MOSHON
DAVE

Were new amps not mentioned, overlooked by me, or reserved for Xmas 6-pack? :p

Anyway, not complaining, I'm happy enough as it is! :cool: Updating later..., but Thanks In Advance :idea: Sir :idea: !

Thanks (again and again and a...) Cliff!
Can hardly wait to check out all the changes.
The rotary left me wanting (liked the one in the Prophesy better) and I had considered posting a comparison,
but - bang, there you went and mentioned it got reworked. Together with countless other things.

Christmas came early! :mrgreen:

FractalAudio said:
Philip said:

What does this mean?

-Phil

Cold-biased stages are where there's a very large cathode resistor so the operating point is close to the supply rail. For example, the SLO 100 has a 39K cathode resistor on the cold-biased stage.
Out of curiosity, could you tell us which models use this apart from the SLO ?

the new vibe is sweet! I love it

It looks like preset switching is down to about 16ms. That is incredibly quick

Yeah, the vibe is fun. I bought a Univibe clone (Fulltone) and used that to verify the new model.

Check out the "High Landrons" preset now.

gittarzann said:
Cliff, You didn't tweak the SLO 100?

I did. I forgot to put that in the release notes.

It didn't need much tweaking though (aside from the cold-bias update). The previous model was extremely close to the actual amp.

Gracias CC!

Just dropped a grant proposal for NIH and was planning to go out to unwind but...

...think I'll spend the evening in with the Ultra instead.

BF3

VegaBaby said:
FractalAudio said:
Philip said:

What does this mean?

-Phil

Out of curiosity, could you tell us which models use this apart from the SLO ?

If I had to guess, I would say the JCM800, SLO, XTC Red, Diezel, CAA lead, Recto, Engl, probably most of the high gain amps

Damn. Damn. Damn. Damn. Damn.

1 hour 12 minutes until work's over. Then 1 hr 30 for commute. Then 2 hrs until the kids go to bed and I can load the update. And, of course, the clock just slowed to a crawl. I think it's laughing at me.

Damn.

Damn. Damn.

Sigh.

Please forgive the noobness of the question, but about the new cold-bias settings, is that something that effects the entire amp model all the time now, or just when you actually bias the amp a little colder than .035?

Back
Top Bottom