U2 presets?

Hi, great job. When I load this with ax edit, it has extra scenes, but these don't show up on the actual pedal ?? Any way I can sort that out ??

Hi, great job. When I load this with ax edit, it has extra scenes, but these don't show up on the actual pedal ?? Any way I can sort that out ??
Every preset has eight scenes. The ones that show up on the pedal are the ones intended by the author of the preset.

But they don't show up on the pedal, its only one scene ( and not all presets have 8 "actual" scenes.). Or it isn't loading properly, which is what I am trying to ascertain.

All presets have eight scenes. If you start from a blank preset, put stuff into the preset, and then save it, you're just using scene 1. There are still seven more scenes in the preset, whether you make use of them or not.

If the person who wrote the preset didn't set up a footswitch to take you to scene 3 or whatever, then he probably didn't intend you to use those scenes. Or he intended you to use Scene Mode to select them.

Ok, thanks for that. That's the likely answer .. Is there any way that I can alter that preset to utilize those scenes?

I'm trying to replicate the filter at the end of Discotheque, has anybody any preset of settings for that song?

I'm trying to replicate the filter at the end of Discotheque, has anybody any preset of settings for that song?

That one is going to be hard to come by... Likely the Eventide 3000 was used to create that cool pitch\phaser\filter effect. I would use a "real" fuzz pedal with the wah to get close. I see some people worked on a version for the Line POD HD 500 a while back:

http://forum.u2guitartutorials.com/showthread.php?2187-Discotheque-tone-test-your-help-needed!

http://forum.u2guitartutorials.com/showthread.php?4430-discotheque-main-riff-tone

The problem is that there's an FX Loop in each preset. I'm not sure what Stadelmann has plugged into it, but it's killing the audio for anyone who doesn't have the loop connected. Replace it with a shunt, and you'll get sound.

I just tried out the Streets preset. It's got a lovely chime, and the delays are nice. But there's a pitch shift as the delays progress. That's nice, but not true to the song.
Thanks..

Back
Top Bottom