U2 at Sean Penn Haiti fundraiser (Axe FX II spotting)

I looked for a suitable thread to post this in, but didn't find one that suited. I just want to post this instagram short vid from a recent Sean Penn Haiti fundraiser. You can see the Axe FX II behind The Edge. I don't know how many songs they played but I read they played Vertigo and Desire at least.

Instagram

Attachments

• edgepenn.JPG
    edgepenn.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 395
LOL! I love this!

Before:

edge-rig.jpg

After:

1147565_10152938475213475_1014253684_o.jpg

Seems like he´s using his Skrydstrup controller with the Axe FX as well..

I don't think so, doesn't look like the SC1 to my eyes.
I think he is using the board made by Bradshaw for the Edge Fractal system (there is a separate thread about that rig on this forum), with the Bradshaw midi controller, Mission and Boss exp pedals.

It should be mentioned that they just played a few songs here, and not too much going on FX wise (Desire and Vertigo). Edge tends to keep stuff around for decades to use on specific songs (PODs, Korg A3, SDD3k etc.). So for a regular setlist I think we will see a larger rack still. But as a wisecrack that comparison works :)

Between this and the Metallica news (20 Axe-FX IIs ordered, no more amps/speakers onstage) the word-of-mouth for FAS just keeps getting better and better. I'm gleefully sending these pix around to friends; even those who don't play can start to get an idea why I've been raving about my Axe-FX II.

In the end, of course, it's not the PR, but the relationship each of us has with our instruments that matters. As a keyboard player/dilettante guitarist, the Ultra and now the II have transformed my relationship with the instrument. I'll never have the ability with guitar that 50 years of keyboards gave me, but I'm having so much freaking fun it doesn't matter. As an investment, the Fractal boxes have delivered in spades - and I have no doubt you *real* guitarists out there get even more out of it than I do.

I don't think so, doesn't look like the SC1 to my eyes.
I think he is using the board made by Bradshaw for the Edge Fractal system (there is a separate thread about that rig on this forum), with the Bradshaw midi controller, Mission and Boss exp pedals.

Ah, interesting! I just saw 3 rows of stompswitches, so I assumed it was the Skrydstrup. Do you know if there are any good pictures of his board anywhere?

This is awesome! Does it look like there are some full range speakers to the left of the axe in the back?

Back
Top Bottom