Timing on availability of exact specs/photos of FC-6/12

Can you Save user presets with it and use it?

Yes it allows multiple banks or pages with different CC assignments, page for looper controls etc. can also assign color of the LED on each switch etc

It’s sort of like an updated Behringer for slightly more money, not perfect but good bang for the buck

nektar Pacer
Been looking at info for this. Can you confirm if it can control the looper and then switch back and change channels as well as effects on and off?
I would have it setup to change channels on 2 or 3 bottom switches and use the others for effects on and off as well as tap tempo. If it can do that as well as enter into the looper then it might be a winner for my needs.

i dont use it i have bought a rjm 22gt the best controller in the world ;-)
but it will work as a midicontroller depending what eprom is in the behringer
It IS a midi controller. It will work regardless of the EPROM installed: stock, UNO, Eureka Prom

I've got a used Roland FC-300 coming next week to use with my VG-99. I will give it a test with the Axe-FX 3 and report back.

I have used my GT-1000 to test MIDI functionality with the Axe-FX 3 and it seems to be fine with basic stuff - program and control changes.

Note that for anything to actually reflect the state of the Axe-FX 3 correctly, the foot controller would have to have explicit support for the Axe-FX 3 via the MIDI spec that @FractalAudio has published. I know some vendors are working on it, but I'm not sure who has something working.

I've been playing gigs with the Axe-FX III controlled from a Behringer FCB1010 (stock eprom). I can change patches, scenes, switch blocks, looper, 2 expression pedals...

I don't understand why someone would wait to buy the Axe-FX III, and miss the fun, until there is an official controller.

I'm in the same camp as to not waiting! I have a Voes MC-10 on the way. Though not having it yet I can't attest to anything, but it sure looks like it will do what I need.

I especially like that it can display the tuner, and with the vbox's ability to connect the MC10 with an ethernet cable, I can set my rack with the Axe III and two wireless units, guitar and in ears close to the the mixer for short cable runs. Assuming I wont need to touch the Axe III.

It all sounds like a fast and clean set up / break down scenario.

I've got a used Roland FC-300 coming next week to use with my VG-99. I will give it a test with the Axe-FX 3 and report back.

I have used my GT-1000 to test MIDI functionality with the Axe-FX 3 and it seems to be fine with basic stuff - program and control changes.

Note that for anything to actually reflect the state of the Axe-FX 3 correctly, the foot controller would have to have explicit support for the Axe-FX 3 via the MIDI spec that @FractalAudio has published. I know some vendors are working on it, but I'm not sure who has something working.
Hey @hippietim,

how did the FC 300 work out for you with the III?
I have one as well, wondered how difficult it is to implement accessing scenes...
Any practical tips welcome (the wiki instructions on how to program FC300 was written for the Axe2 and sort of scares me ;-) !

I worked with the FCB over the weekend a bit. I got scene selection working but the expression pedal configuration didn't work no matter what I did.

Ended up grabbing my Helix from the jam spot and setting it up. It is obviously an expensive midi controller; but works amazingly well. You don't have bi-directional communication and the associated feedback; but you can tie Axe scenes to instant commands in Helix snapshot mode to see what scene you are currently, according to the footswitch light. Expression pedals just work. I can access my Ax tuner from the helix tuner button. So it's a pretty robust controller. Obviously. In Heilx stomp mode, the lights don't stay lit; so that is one concession needing made.

I will keep my eyes peeled on the FC when they get released. If there is enough midi implementation or a workaround where I can send PCs to my GR55; I'll probably hop on board at that point.

Hey @hippietim,

how did the FC 300 work out for you with the III?
I have one as well, wondered how difficult it is to implement accessing scenes...
Any practical tips welcome (the wiki instructions on how to program FC300 was written for the Axe2 and sort of scares me ;-) !

The FC-300 works with the AxeIII just fine except for an issue with expression pedals. @FractalAudio posted that a fix is coming. I'm not personally going to invest much effort in controlling the III with the FC-300 because that's not my intended use for it (I bought it for my VG-99).

Programming the FC-300 for use with the Axe3 is going to be very similar to the Axe2. I highly recommend that you read through the FC-300 manual - it has a number of ways of operating and they're quite different. And read through the MIDI section of the Axe III manual.

Thanks! I read about the expression pedal issue, all the confidence that that will be adressed soon.

Actually, I also bought the FC300 for use with the VG99, really nice setup with the RRC2 connection where it gets both power and bidirectional comms with the VG99! Never used it live though, but I liked it a lot for recording: bass, synth, pads, alternate tunings, love it!

Back on topic: ok, hoped to avoid the "read the manual" comment ;-), I guess there is no easy way out when it comes to midi and control changes...

Back on topic: ok, hoped to avoid the "read the manual" comment ;-), I guess there is no easy way out when it comes to midi and control changes...

With the FC-300, you need to at least read enough of the manual to understand the different operating modes of the board. The MIDI stuff on the AxeIII is pretty straightforward - you pick a MIDI channel, you can do PC mapping, and you can pick CC values for the various things you want to control via MIDI.

I use the FC-300 in Standard Mode and then use PC mapping on the Axe-FX to map the PCs to different presets / scenes. There's basically no setup required on the FC-300 at all if you do it that way. Then for the two pedals and ctrl footswitches I just map them to external controllers 1 - 4 and so I can assign them as I want in every patch. Now eagerly awaiting the fix for the foot controllers...

Hi everyone my AXEFX3 is coming tomorrow and I'm super excited! I didn't want to start a new thread since this one is already is talking about MIDI FC. I plan to use my BOSS GT100 as a MIDI controller. I know I can switch presets with it but I also want to control the wah and possibly change SCENES with it. Can anyone advise me on how this might be done with the GT100? Thanks sorry for the slightly off-topic question.

Back
Top Bottom