TheAmpFactory StudioDelta is out!..

Then you'll have to tell me where because I can't find it.
All I can see at the "Info" url is the brand name of each cab in the collection.

If that's the case then it would be nice if it was stated somewhere on the site.

Thanks for responding and responding so quickly.

Long story short though... None of these cabs has an EVM 12L in them do they?

I know I sound like a broken record around here but I've been using a Fractal preamp since 2008 and in all that time NOBODY has come out with an EVM 12L in an open back 1 X 12 cab IR that comes ANYWHERE near capturing what a real EVM 12L in a 1 X 12 cab really sounds like.
It's really frustrating because that's the rig I've been using nearly all of my professional life since the 70s.
I've got 2 CLRs right now that sound about as good as an FRFR monitor can sound for monitoring the AXE FX II, but I don't use them because my real 12Ls sound so much better than any of the currently available IRs.

Many 12L IRs come real close to capturing the essential vibe of a real 12L but none of them capture the top end sizzle and most of them are also missing some lower mid girth.
E.g.
I've got 5 Presets dialed in for my humbucker equipped guitar (Clean Brite, Clean Dark, Mid Gain, Hi Gain, Blues) and 5 similar presets for my Strat.
These all sound great through any of my 1 X 12 EV loaded cabs.
But with EV IRs, maybe the cleans will be OK but the Gainy presets sound all wrong. Etc., etc., etc.
Or they sound good with the humbuckers but don't have the top end for the Strat. Etc., etc., etc.
If an IR was really nailing the response of these drivers in a similar cab then it should work equally as well across all 10 Presets. IMO

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread but I don't anticipate too many people here jumping in to discuss my issues.
Not many of the commercial IR producers around here seem to be all that interested in these drivers anymore which is really a pity and makes no sense to me.

He is some info he put in another post that has info on the drivers.
-Badcat 1x12 (Custom Badcat speaker)
-Cornell 1x12 (Jenson loaded cab)
-Bogner 2x12 (Goldfinger – Emminence loaded)
-EvilRobot 1x12 (Custom speaker)
-Fargen 1x12 (Wearhouse Green beret speaker)
-Marshall JTM 1x12 (Custom Shop Special speaker T652)
-Redplate 1x12 (V30’s)
-Swart 1x12 (B52’s Speakers)
-2 Toneking Cabs 2x12’s & 1x12 (G12M & ToneKing custom speaker)
-TwoRock 2x12 (GH12)
-Zilla Cab (Custom cab, with Alinco Golds) - YAY!

Last edited:
He is some info he put in a nother that that has info on the drivers.
-Badcat 1x12 (Custom Badcat speaker)
-Cornell 1x12 (Jenson loaded cab)
-Bogner 2x12 (Goldfinger – Emminence loaded)
-EvilRobot 1x12 (Custom speaker)
-Fargen 1x12 (Wearhouse Green beret speaker)
-Marshall JTM 1x12 (Custom Shop Special speaker T652)
-Redplate 1x12 (V30’s)
-Swart 1x12 (B52’s Speakers)
-2 Toneking Cabs 2x12’s & 1x12 (G12M & ToneKing custom speaker)
-TwoRock 2x12 (GH12)
-Zilla Cab (Custom cab, with Alinco Golds) - YAY!

Thanks.

Under the free tab, I downloaded several titles, but the archives all opened as collections of .kipr files. I must be doing this wrong! :fatigue:

I'm checking out the demo. Sounds great. Is there a legend for what each of these represents? Ivory, Red & Robot are confusing me?

From the Readme that comes with the cabs.

TAF_CAT_1x12_CUSTOM_SPEAKER – (Based on a 1x12 BADCAT Cab)
TAF_CORN_1x12_JENSON_SPEAKER - (Based on a 1x12 CORNELL Cab)
TAF_FAR_1x12_GREENBERET_SPEAKER – (Based on a 1x12 FARGEN Cab)
TAF_GOLD_1x12_ALINCO GOLD_SPEAKER – (Based on a 1x12 Zilla Cab)
TAF_IVORY_1x12_B52_SPEAKER – (Based on a 1x12 SWART Cab)
TAF_JTM_1x12_CS T652_SPEAKER – (Based on a 1x12 JTM Cab)
TAF_KING_1x12_TK CUSTOM_SPEAKER – (Based on a 1x12 TONEKING cab)
TAF_QUEEN_1x12_G12M_SPEAKER – (Based on a 1x12 TONEKING MAJESTY cab)
TAF_R.W.B_1x12_SPEAKER - (Based on a 1x12 BOGNER Cab)
TAF_RED_1x12_V30_SPEAKER – (Based on a 1x12 REDPLATE Cab)
TAF_ROBOT_1x12 CUSTOM_SPEAKER – (Based on a 1x12 EVILROBOT Cab)
TAF_ROCK_2x12_GH12_SPEAKER – (Based on a 2x12 TWOROCK cab)

Under the free tab, I downloaded several titles, but the archives all opened as collections of .kipr files. I must be doing this wrong! :fatigue:

That's a Kemper Profile. You must have clicked on the wrong links.

From the Readme that comes with the cabs.

TAF_CAT_1x12_CUSTOM_SPEAKER – (Based on a 1x12 BADCAT Cab)
TAF_CORN_1x12_JENSON_SPEAKER - (Based on a 1x12 CORNELL Cab)
TAF_FAR_1x12_GREENBERET_SPEAKER – (Based on a 1x12 FARGEN Cab)
TAF_GOLD_1x12_ALINCO GOLD_SPEAKER – (Based on a 1x12 Zilla Cab)
TAF_IVORY_1x12_B52_SPEAKER – (Based on a 1x12 SWART Cab)
TAF_JTM_1x12_CS T652_SPEAKER – (Based on a 1x12 JTM Cab)
TAF_KING_1x12_TK CUSTOM_SPEAKER – (Based on a 1x12 TONEKING cab)
TAF_QUEEN_1x12_G12M_SPEAKER – (Based on a 1x12 TONEKING MAJESTY cab)
TAF_R.W.B_1x12_SPEAKER - (Based on a 1x12 BOGNER Cab)
TAF_RED_1x12_V30_SPEAKER – (Based on a 1x12 REDPLATE Cab)
TAF_ROBOT_1x12 CUSTOM_SPEAKER – (Based on a 1x12 EVILROBOT Cab)
TAF_ROCK_2x12_GH12_SPEAKER – (Based on a 2x12 TWOROCK cab)

That's a Kemper Profile. You must have clicked on the wrong links.
Right...looking again, I found the Studio Delta Demos that contained the wave files, and the rest were Kemper.

This is the contents of the Studio Delta Demo folder, mine did not include a readme file.

TAF_[1]CAT+MIX+REAR+ROOMMED.wav
TAF_[1]JTM+MIX+REAR+ROOMMED.wav
TAF_[2]CAT+MIX.wav
TAF_[2]RED+MIX+REAR+ROOMFAR.wav
TAF_[3]IVORY+MIX+REAR.wav
TAF_[4]CAT+MIX+REAR.wav
TAF_[4]IVORY+MIX+REAR+ROOMFAR.wav
TAF_[4]ROBOT+MIX+REAR.wav
TAF_[5]JTM+MIX+REAR.wav
TAF_[5]RED+MIX.wav
TAF_[6]RED+MIX+REAR+ROOMMED.wav
TAF_[7]IVORY+MIX+REAR+ROOMCLOSE.wav
TAF_[7]ROBOT+MIX+REAR+ROOMMED.wav
TAF_[8]JTM+MIX+REAR+ROOMCLOSE.wav
TAF-CORN+GOLD.wav
TAF-CORN+JTM1.wav

These IRs are tempting.
I have heard that some IRs are stereo, is that correct?
How about the room reflections IRs - Are they stereo? Mono? Are they available in mono-left mono-right, so that they can be loaded into dual channel presets - that's what i'm hoping.

These IRs are tempting.
I have heard that some IRs are stereo, is that correct?
How about the room reflections IRs - Are they stereo? Mono? Are they available in mono-left mono-right, so that they can be loaded into dual channel presets - that's what i'm hoping.

Hey Billy

The rooms are in L + R format, so you can have stereo if you want. - also (if the full pack is purchased) there are some actual proper stereo rigs made, mixed IR's that contain everything, direct, rear, room L + R for a big sound..(for those that like to run stereo live), although to use the ROOM IR's the axefx wont cater for the length as they are 500ms IR's. you will need to use a DAW IR loader, or external IR device to get them to play correctly.

The AxeFX will load the SingleMics/Mixes & rears just fine..but the room's and its mixes wont sound authentic due to truncation, and may sound flat and weird..I urge anyone to to explore them correctly, and to really discover why I did this!..and how you can really use them in a recording situation effectively.

Hey Billy

The rooms are in L + R format, so you can have stereo if you want. - also (if the full pack is purchased) there are some actual proper stereo rigs made, mixed IR's that contain everything, direct, rear, room L + R for a big sound..(for those that like to run stereo live), although to use the ROOM IR's the axefx wont cater for the length as they are 500ms IR's. you will need to use a DAW IR loader, or external IR device to get them to play correctly.

The AxeFX will load the SingleMics/Mixes & rears just fine..but the room's and its mixes wont sound authentic due to truncation, and may sound flat and weird..I urge anyone to to explore them correctly, and to really discover why I did this!..and how you can really use them in a recording situation effectively.

OK. I think i get it. Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited:
Hey Billy,

Well for the rooms (and the room mixes) yes. - the direct mics etc, can still be loaded to the axefx as normal indeed. - but for me, ROOM mics are the most important aspect in recording guitars (actually recording anything)..

But you got it!

Andy

I am confused here.
The Demo IR's are in .wav format.
I have convert them from .wav to .syx format.
I have to purchase cablab to convert them?
I must me missing something here. I find it hard to believe I have to purchase an application to try out some Demo app.
Help!

There are free and other utilities to convert to .syx but to convert to ultra res you have to use cab lab. Get cab lab if possible. Cliff mentioned a major update to cab lab on the horizon.

44k is the default, but we are also doing 48 + 88 and 96 as additional downloads that will be available soon. (they will appear in your purchace history)
There's only one download in my history (the teaser pack) and it's 44k. What do I have to do to this to make it work?

There's only one download in my history (the teaser pack) and it's 44k. What do I have to do to this to make it work?

For demos purposes its only at 44k. im afraid. - this is fine to convert, as most converters will auto change the rate for you anyway.. i.e cablab.

The full pack & the singles are all in the 4 formats, 44, 48, 88 & 96

Andy

Just bought them. As always they sound great.

So let's see:
- the "Gold" is not based on the Bogner Goldfinger but based on the Zilla w/ Alnico Gold?
- the "RWB" is based on the Bogner Cube?
- And "Ivory" is based on the Swart?

Pff, confusing.

Last edited:
Yeah.. its annoying we cant use the real brand names..hard to come up with something that people can follow easy enough.. but its always a tough one!

Still, legal is legal, I hate it, but have to respect it!

Back
Top Bottom