TheAmpFactory StudioDelta is out!..

I haven't bought this yet, but CabLab needs files that are 48kHz 24-bit mono and anything other than that is going to cause it to lock up while converting. If some of those mix files aren't in that exact format than it's going to be problematic, but there are tons of file converters and stuff that will let you fix the file prior to conversion. I use dBPowerAmp myself because it does batch conversions and its fast.

Yup Cab lab wont convert all, as some of the demo IRs are bonus items from the final release. (some are stereo) hence why that wont work. - but I added enough for everyone to play around with in various ways..

Yup Cab lab wont convert all, as some of the demo IRs are bonus items from the final release. (some are stereo) hence why that wont work. - but I added enough for everyone to play around with in various ways..

Well that's fairly useless for AxeFX users then as CabLab refuses to batch convert ANY of the IRs if there are non-standard ones in the directory, so I had to manually find the good ones in the 12 demo ones. I wont buy a set of IRs in WAV format that I cant batch convert into AXEFX sys format easily!

Well that's fairly useless for AxeFX users then as CabLab refuses to batch convert ANY of the IRs if there are non-standard ones in the directory, so I had to manually find the good ones in the 12 demo ones. I wont buy a set of IRs in WAV format that I cant batch convert into AXEFX sys format easily!

Wow, thats good to know.

Yeah, I need another cab pack like I need a hole in the head.....but I bought it. :) The freebies were just so right up my alley in terms of what I like and look for all the time.

They're in a folder labeled "STEREO" and it's a total of 14 files. Not even worth considering not buying this pack. The freebies were enough to sell me on it. Well that and the last pack was just kick ass so I kind of know what to expect in terms of quality.

Is it/will it be possible to build a stereo IR mix in CabLab, from these IRs, or some other way in AxeFX, like running two 'cabs' (panned left/right) containing the appropriate L/R IRs in each cab? I guess this question also applies to AxeFX and IRs in general - i don't quite have the whole AxeFX 'IR' world mapped out in my mind yet.

I downloaded the freebies to test them out. I also ran into the conversion problem with the 2 x "TAF-CORNELL+ (etc)" files being in stereo and bunging up a batch conversion from Wav to SYX/IR in CabLab 2.

There is good news and more good news. First, these IR 's sound great and are worth checking out! Second, for those that haven't done it before, it is pretty easy to convert a WAV file in the wrong format (either stereo, wrong sample rate or bit rate) to a 48KHz/24bit mono file which makes CabLab 2 happy.

1) Use Audacity (a freebie, just Google it if you don;t have it already) to open up the wave file. In the data window to the left of the track you will quickly see what in the WAV file format is causing CabLab to spit up on it.
2) If the file is in stereo, as is the case with the two TAF freebie files, to the left of the track window where all of the track data is, click the little "down arrow" and pull down to "Split stereo to mono". That splits the track into two mono tracks.
3) Delete one of the two tracks using the "X" beside the track data for one of the two
4) On the remaining track, in the bottom left corner of the screen, set the Project Rate (Hz) to "48000"
5) On the little "down arrow" you used in step 2, pull down to "Set Sample Format", and make sure it is set to 24bit PCM
6) Under the File menu, choose to export the remaining mono track, and make sure the export format is "WAV"

This whole process takes less than a minute, and the resulting file can then processed by CabLab.

There are lots of good WAV IR's out there in formats other than what CabLab 2 wants to see, so it is worth getting familiar with making changes to them as required.

I downloaded the freebies to test them out. I also ran into the conversion problem with the 2 x "TAF-CORNELL+ (etc)" files being in stereo and bunging up a batch conversion from Wav to SYX/IR in CabLab 2.

There is good news and more good news. First, these IR 's sound great and are worth checking out! Second, for those that haven't done it before, it is pretty easy to convert a WAV file in the wrong format (either stereo, wrong sample rate or bit rate) to a 48KHz/24bit mono file which makes CabLab 2 happy.

1) Use Audacity (a freebie, just Google it if you don;t have it already) to open up the wave file. In the data window to the left of the track you will quickly see what in the WAV file format is causing CabLab to spit up on it.
2) If the file is in stereo, as is the case with the two TAF freebie files, to the left of the track window where all of the track data is, click the little "down arrow" and pull down to "Split stereo to mono". That splits the track into two mono tracks.
3) Delete one of the two tracks using the "X" beside the track data for one of the two
4) On the remaining track, in the bottom left corner of the screen, set the Project Rate (Hz) to "48000"
5) On the little "down arrow" you used in step 2, pull down to "Set Sample Format", and make sure it is set to 24bit PCM
6) Under the File menu, choose to export the remaining mono track, and make sure the export format is "WAV"

This whole process takes less than a minute, and the resulting file can then processed by CabLab.

There are lots of good WAV IR's out there in formats other than what CabLab 2 wants to see, so it is worth getting familiar with making changes to them as required.
Thanks for the helpful information.

If you have dBPowerAmp you can batch convert the entire batch in one pass. Use 48kHz 24bit mono and let er' rip. No way in hell I'd even attempt to do all of them one at a time.

Sasha

I have used dBPowerAmp myself in the past and like it.

I mentioned Audacity cuz it is a freebie, and some people wouldn't want to pay money ($39 for dBPowerAmp) to convert free IR's off the interwebs. Lots of options out there.

I am confused here.
The Demo IR's are in .wav format.
I have convert them from .wav to .syx format.
I have to purchase cablab to convert them?
I must me missing something here. I find it hard to believe I have to purchase an application to try out some Demo app.
Help!

I am confused here.
The Demo IR's are in .wav format.
I have convert them from .wav to .syx format.
I have to purchase cablab to convert them?
I must me missing something here. I find it hard to believe I have to purchase an application to try out some Demo app.
Help!
These files aren't just for use with the AxeFXII. If memory serves correctly in order to sell UltraRez IR's the vendor has to pay for licensing fees. By keeping them in wav format the end user can use them in any number of apps and convert them using CabLab if they want to.

Since they are free I don't know where that falls though. I'd imagine that he could put them up there in UltraRez format, but I don't know all of the intricacies of FAS's royalty/licensing stuff.

Back
Top Bottom