The new MATRIX GT800FX. THE amp for THE Axe-Fx

Fremen,
Have fun tomorrow and enjoy your new setup. Please give us the news how it performed.
BTW i gladly would receive your double amp/cab patches after you dialed in your new setup with the Eminence drivers.
Greetings

Sorry for this but i have a lot of errors and a very slow connection with only Fractal Audio forum. Asked already several times to reset my IP but no action at all

Fremen,
Have fun tomorrow and enjoy your new setup. Please give us the news how it performed.
BTW i gladly would receive your double amp/cab patches after you dialed in your new setup with the Eminence drivers.
Greetings

Last edited:
with speaker sim on and a tweak on the global EQ to compensate for the guitar speakers. Not an Ideal setup, but I can't switch my speaker sims off (going straight to the mixer).
Split your signal chain before the cab block and use the FXLoop block to feed the Matrix and the real cabinets.

Playing a big concert tomorrow with the Matrix for the first time :) I didn't received my FRFR speaker yet, so I'll play with two Marshall 4x12 instead, with speaker sim on and a tweak on the global EQ to compensate for the guitar speakers. Not an Ideal setup, but I can't switch my speaker sims off (going straight to the mixer). I tested it on rehearsal, at least there's plenty of power (1/3 vol on my axe, 2/3 on the Matrix), and the two stacks behind me looks good :mrgreen:

+1 on the splitting IR's to FOH and using the FX loop and output 2 to your cabs. Best of luck and be interesting to know how hot conditions are for the amp and how it performs. Have a good one!

Thanks for the tip guys ! I know this trick but it just wasn't possible for me to do it, I use 50+ presets live (3h30 show) and couldn't edit that many presets in just one day. I'm used to play in less than ideal conditions here in Mauritius, so playing with two 4x12 with conventional guitar speakers and speaker sims on was actually comfortable, with some EQ tweaks in Global out 2. And yes, the Matrix is more than powerful enough, the Axe out was about 9/10 o'clock, the Matrix 3 o'clock, and that was loud enough ! Surprisingly, after the show, the GT800 was still cold. I have the video of the full show, will upload some extarcts, but you'll hear the PA, not the sound coming off my speakers.
Dada, I don't think i'll tweak my presets for the Matrix/Eminence combo, that will just be my monitoring system, my presets are made for FOH. But I'll probably tweak the Global out 2 eq

Also you are welcomed to the growing family!

When you have received it please share your opinion and tell us your cab and drivers.

Cheers

hi , i have a 2*12 cab wich is 8 ohms mono , and 16 ohms stereo
is it safe to run the matrix gt800fx in stereo in this cab ? it's 250 watt @ 8 ohms each channel but if it's 16 ohms cab i will loose "power" ?
thanks for your answer i would really like to use my 2*12 cab in stereo...

I had my first band rehearsal yesterday with the GT800FX and 2 FBT Verve 12M's and it sounded great! What I did notice was that I had to set the left and right volume knobs completely different to get an even sound, but IIRC I read that before and might more be an Axe Fx issue than a GT800FX issue. I need to check that out these days.

Dave,

Nice to hear you enjoy the GT800FX! That is the another advantage of this amp. No matter which route you choose, guitar cab or FRFR, this amp serves and delivers

If you want to check the balance of your patches simply hook a headphone on the Axe-Fx. If that is not gonna cure the symptom change the FBT's. If the output symptom has changed then you know it is the speaker or an uneven speaker cable.

Besides the Beyma's used here you are the first FRFR passive cab user with the Matrix GT800FX. So I think a lot of users here would like some more info. SO please share some more of your experience here on the forum.

Groetjes

Last edited:
is it safe to run the matrix gt800fx in stereo in this cab ? it's 250 watt @ 8 ohms each channel but if it's 16 ohms cab i will loose "power" ?

Just drop Matt of Matrix an email. He will surely help you out.

Regards

Sorry for this but i have a lot of errors and a very slow connection with only Fractal Audio forum. Asked already several times to reset my IP but no action.

Just drop Matt of Matrix an email. He will surely help you out. Or check the Manual on the Matrix site.

Regards

Last edited:

It will run at 16ohm at "approximately" half the power of 8ohms. Depends on the rating of your speakers but you should be ok and it should still be loud enough.

No problems I don think. My cab has 1 V30 and 1 G12h (the latter rathed at 30W) so have a 60W cab. I run the Matrix mono into it -which is capable of 250W. Its perfectly safe as long as you watch the signal light. It starts to flicker at -9db, which is 30W - thats a good guide.

No problems I don think. My cab has 1 V30 and 1 G12h (the latter rathed at 30W) so have a 60W cab. I run the Matrix mono into it -which is capable of 250W. Its perfectly safe as long as you watch the signal light. It starts to flicker at -9db, which is 30W - thats a good guide.

thanks , i've ordered one :))
mfc101 / GT800 .....waiting for axe fx 2 now !!

Stefherbuel,

Congrats, you made a wise decision.

I hope you live in the US cause the waiing time in Europe for the II will be veeeery long if you have to wait for one :)

Regards

Rehearsed 4 times with the GT and I'm even more in love!!!
Can't even think of a better sound!
We'll play a festival in Hungary this weekend. First live show with my new baby and I'm pretty excited :)

Rehearsed 4 times with the GT and I'm even more in love!!!
Can't even think of a better sound!
We'll play a festival in Hungary this weekend. First live show with my new baby and I'm pretty excited :)

That's the feeling I get everytime I play. I honestly don't miss the valve amp. Enjoy Hungary, played there before, great food and the drinks not bad either!!

Back
Top Bottom