The Most Powerful Advanced Amp Parameter...

WOW, I threw a patch together. A Friedman with a Brownface Tonestack and just played with some of these parameters and Holy Cow what a difference. There is sooo much available that I dont care if you are playin it through a transistor radio, You can get a good sound.

Trac where did you have the MV/V and gain? Then where did you go with the Transformer match -up/down? I played with it last night and with my Plexi Bonamassa tone I just backed it down a skosh and it seemed to sound better. My understanding is it works best with amps you have the MV all the way up right???

sixstring and sandmann69.... symphx was being goofy. He's a high-gainer, therefore he probably rarely (if ever) uses non mv amps. I got yer joke, symphx. ;)

no seriously Tom, I didnt know what a non mv amp was, but inherently you are correct, since I am a high gainer, this is why I may NOT have gotten the reference. You are also correct that I oft have a dry subtle sense of humor, but in this case was a legit question :) !!!!

Are thre any connection with the transformer match feature from Axe 2 and the two parameters transformer lf and transformer hf of the Ultra ?

Are thre any connection with the transformer match feature from Axe 2 and the two parameters transformer lf and transformer hf of the Ultra ?
They're different things. The Axe II's Transformer Match is about impedence, and how that affects the waveform coming from the power amp when it's driven hard. The Transformer HF and Transformer LF are all about frequency response.

They're different things. The Axe II's Transformer Match is about impedence, and how that affects the waveform coming from the power amp when it's driven hard. The Transformer HF and Transformer LF are all about frequency response.

Ok ! Is that freq. response affected by how hard I drive the amp or is it "just" another freq. filter ? which there are lots of allready :)

I read the manual and got information from there - thank you anyway - sometimes I forget how much information there is there and in the wiki, instead of just posting on the forum :)

Cool! There really is a ton of information available. But you'll still have questions from time to time. I know I do. :)

Back
Top Bottom