The Most Powerful Advanced Amp Parameter...

Cool to have the parameter explained a little more in depth. This is the one advanced parameter I tend to drop slightly for a few amp types. Interesting about the Trainwreck O/T; I read an interview with Ken Fischer and he said it's 'all in the output transformer' and did a lot of experimentation with them to get his custom ones to his liking.

I read the post... I was just curious if you could use it for the other amp types or if was redundant as a tone shaping tool.
It'll have an effect on most amps, but it can be wickedly subtle when the MV is down low. The harder you push the power amp sim, the more effect it'll have.

What I understood from Cliff's explanation ; "Blah, blah, blah turn knob, blah, blah, impedance, sounds more open"

How to speak "guitarist"; "Turn the knob, it sound good."

Actually I'm very happy to have some explanation of how and why things are there and what they are suppose to be doing to the signal even if they are spoken in your Spock like way :) So thank you!

Wow... I have been avoiding the advanced/dynamic page. Turning it down a bit really opens up the high end.

Thanks for the info, Cliff =)

-Nate

sixstring and sandmann69.... symphx was being goofy. He's a high-gainer, therefore he probably rarely (if ever) uses non mv amps. I got yer joke, symphx. ;)

Seems like a powerful tool to mess around with abit, however I need some dumbing down

what is OT?

Can someone explain this?

"Note that the Transformer Match parameter is relative to the internal value"

OT = output transformer

The OT is the last thing in a tube amp's ouptut before the signal hits the speakers. It's arguably responsible for a lot of an amp's tone, when you take into account saturation, impedance matching, etc.

"Note that the Transformer Match parameter is relative to the internal value"

Relative to the default value of the amp. So different amps don't default to different TM values (like some of the other values that have specific units). The TM value is instead a modifier that gives you "more" or "less" of the default.

Being using this parameter since v5.xx, actually it helped me a lot to make my amps play and feel the way i wanted to (by lowering it).

I skipped v6 and v7 firmwares and recently went from v5.07 to v8. Didn't need to use this parameter at all in v8 to get the wanted results but keep in mind that my main sounds come from the Treble Plexi and the Twin 99.999% of the times...

Still, an extremely useful option to shape sound and behavior of the amps. ;)

Last edited:
I am wondering, will this parameter help with the little bit of "fizzy" tone I get from time to time with certain amps?

Also, where is this/these parameters located. Im still early in the Axe 2 learning curve from the ultra and a year out of the loop.

Thanks Cliff,
these occasional tips are priceless in helping us to increase our understanding of the magic box, and to help us get more enjoyment out of it , so keep them coming !

One of these days can you do one on B+ constant.
I read the manual but it may as well be written in Klingon...

Wasnt happy with my wrecker lately, seen Cliff fixed its trans match 9.01b. After this thread went in and tweeked.
Yeah it makes a huge difference. Fixed my pick dyn while i was there too!!
Off to tweek some other patches!!

I have to get a better tweek angle and glasses though.
But I sure know the front panel now!
And my neck hurts... wa wa wah.
Hope Fractal will give me a Christmas gift!
hint hint

I am wondering, will this parameter help with the little bit of "fizzy" tone I get from time to time with certain amps?

Also, where is this/these parameters located. Im still early in the Axe 2 learning curve from the ultra and a year out of the loop.
I believe it is in the amp block scroll right then down in 'advanced', planning to check this out soon.....somebody help us out!

Back
Top Bottom