The first ever Extension Module for MFC-101 !

Any TRS cable will do the job, its only signal so no need for some high quality made of gold cable.
You can use something like that:

I have mine setup with thin cables I had here somewhere, I just soldered plugs and that it, nothing to fancy.
As for functionality I use my EXT for Volume Increase and Decrease (lower 2 switches) and for Scene UP and Down (2 upper switches).
I like it that way and it works for me very good, I usually don’t use more than 2 or 3 scenes so the UP and DOWN function is perfect for me.
I know a guy who use all 4 for 4 scene select (1 up to 4) and basically you can also control FX on/off with it, whatever works for you.
Good luck.

Ordered a couple today, thanks dudes.

So when my MFC shows up I just connect the TRS cables to the input Switch 1+2 on the MFC right? Is there a guide anywhere on how to set these up?

Last edited:
Any possibilty that you will come out with and updated version with the new silent switches that are used on the new MFC-101 MK III?

Finally got it put together now, If I could just get it to work.....Its my problem, nothing to do with the extension. I have been away from my rig for a long time. Starting over. Her is a pic of the board. I just velcro'd it to the MFC and the board. Had to move the talk box and plumb a switch. (The old Echoplex switch is all I had lyin around)

Axe board.jpg

Finally got it put together now, If I could just get it to work.....Its my problem, nothing to do with the extension. I have been away from my rig for a long time. Starting over. Her is a pic of the board. I just velcro'd it to the MFC and the board. Had to move the talk box and plumb a switch. (The old Echoplex switch is all I had lyin around)

View attachment 19037

Very nice! Did you just get your extension module from the new batch? I've got one coming too. :)

No, I got mine about a year ago but was not able to deal with it. Built some cables today and rearranged the board a bit and made it all fit. The talk box is big. I basically opened it up and put a plug wired to the switch so I could plug an external switch in. Now......How to make it work!!!:confusion:

Yap, its one of the first I made.
I actually was supposed to get already the new batch of enclosures from the metal workshop but I was not 100% satisfied with the alignment and the upper cover curves so I decided to return it all to the manufacturer to producer everything from scratch.
I rather delay the supply than heaving it not 100%!

Regarding configuring it, it's really simple…
Assuming you have configured the MFC correctly, you should now go to the AxeII, hit CONTROL and it's there, you simply choose from the list the function you want to control with the EXT, click enter to put it in "learn" mode and click the desired switch in the EXT4MFC and your done. (page 138 in the manual)
I'm mot around my rig now so can't exactly guide you but later on in the evening (my time) when ill get home ill try to free some time and post here a fast and simple way to do it.
It is really a few minutes thing.
Thanks.

Got mine today - Thanks Ariel! I can't wait to get it mounted and hooked up. Then I have to really sit down and think over how I want to program everything. That will be the hardest part!
Matt

Hi Fractal mates.
Just to let you know, I'm starting a new run, pre-orders are accepted now.
I thought I can take my vacation in the Bahamas :lol ……well, duty calls :D
Thanks.

Soooo....the enclosures arrived couple of days ago from the metal shop, they looks astonish, also all the parts have arrived so its assembly time
For those of you who have ordered, I expect shipping will be in couple days.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom