The first ever Extension Module for MFC-101 !

Its compatible, for sure.
The switch inputs on the MKIII wasn’t changed, only the switches and the data cable connection (XLR).
Besides that, it’s the same board.

Its compatible, for sure.
The switch inputs on the MKIII wasn’t changed, only the switches and the data cable connection (XLR).
Besides that, it’s the same board.

I figured as much Roadrunner. Thanks and please put me down for one unit in the next run.

Chris - I had to ask - I had 20+ years of R&D and manufacturing experience (including PCB design) before morphing into an IP shark.

So I tend to over think the "What me worry ... what can possibly go wrong?" scenarios if you know what I mean. ;)

... and who better to ask then the folks @ FAS who are on the cusp of bringing us the Mark III. :)

understood :) but i doubt FAS would comment on the 100% compatibility of 3rd party hardware :)

the best they could say is that the I/O hasn't changed at all.

i'm pretty sure they did say that and that the noiseless switches and addition of FASlink are the only changes

Got mine set up and running, very satisfied. Great build quality, and near perfect fit with the MFC.

I set it up for VOL INCR/DECR and SCENE UP/DOWN – perfect for my use. Strangely, the switches on my unit are from top to bottom XS4, XS3, XS1, XS2 – Roadrunner provided great advice for fixes on this matter - including rewiring of the unit for a hardware fix. I'm lazy, so I went for the software-option - and just configured them in the correct sequence in the MIDI-menu in the MFC. Works like a charm.

Great work, Roadrunner - I can recommend this unit!

View attachment 15464

View attachment 15465

Do you ever wish you had the next size up - e.g., the Diago Tourman - and a third Mission pedal? Another brand?

I am putting a pedal board together with the MFC MKIII, EXT4MFC and Mission pedals (got 2 pedals so far).

Roadrunner- I may have asked this but have you thought about making ones with the new fractal silent switches? or what kind of switches are you using/how noisy are they?

First, The MFC III is not out yet.
Even after couple of months when it will be out, still the majority of MFC's out there are II and I.
The switches today on the EXT4MFC are the same feel and click as the ones on the MFC (I + II).
Maybe, really maybe in the far future ill start using the III switches but ill doubt I'll do it as I don’t produce so many EXT's and statistically it will take a lot of time until the market will have more III than I and II as it is today.

In my opinion, and as mentioned in some previous posts, I think with the absence of LED's the clicks are very necessary to be sure the switch has engaged. Not sure I would be to confident with the other switches.

Roadrunner - for those of us who have placed orders - do you have a conservative estimate on when the modules might be shipped?

No rush - no gigs planned - just trying to develop a personal timeline for purchasing other rig components.

Do you ever wish you had the next size up - e.g., the Diago Tourman - and a third Mission pedal? Another brand?

I am putting a pedal board together with the MFC MKIII, EXT4MFC and Mission pedals (got 2 pedals so far).

Hi! Sorry, didn't see this post until now!

Well yes and no - I guess you can never get too many expression pedals :)

Still I find that what I have now is the best compromise - for me, that is. With MFC + ext module + 2 mission pedals the board is already heavy. I use one pedal for volume output 1, and the other (with spring) for effects. That works well, as it's easy to configure the same pedal to control different effects within the same preset. I did however want to be able to control volume output 2 on the fly as well, but I didn't want another pedal and a bigger (and heavier board). So I went for this instead:

Mission XPB Series | missionengineering.commissionengineering.com

Works like a charm, and fits on my existing board. So if you feel the need for another pedal when you have tried your setup with MFC+ ext mod + 2 missions (which is an awesome setup, btw) - you should look into the Mission XPB.

Last edited:
In my opinion, and as mentioned in some previous posts, I think with the absence of LED's the clicks are very necessary to be sure the switch has engaged. Not sure I would be to confident with the other switches.

+1. I tried the switches on the Mk III at the Dutch Axefest, and didn't like them - because of this. LED or no LED, I wanna feel the switch engaging under my shoe. Silent switches should be an option, if you ask me.

Roadrunner - for those of us who have placed orders - do you have a conservative estimate on when the modules might be shipped?

No rush - no gigs planned - just trying to develop a personal timeline for purchasing other rig components.

e-mail sent :encouragement:
Thanks.

What kind of cables are everyone using for these? TRS? I want to order some to be ready when it shows up in a few weeks.

Also wondering what functions everyone is using the additional switches for. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom