The first ever Extension Module for MFC-101 !

this is a great idea. why not start a website and crank up the production ?

Thought of it few times, I have a daily job and music (unfortunately) takes 2nd place…
Not enough time for pleasure….
Family, kids, wife…..
The Expansion unit project steals a lot of my free time which is very limited so…..

I'm in it only for fun and kind of small service for the FAS community, no major business here.
Unfortunately :(

What's the ordering process like? I might be interested, but am curious what the new dimension of an MFC + Expansion module would be. Remind me of the price/further details, if you don't mind! I don't have an MFC, which is why I haven't ordered, but was just curious. Would be it be possible to use one of the bottom switches of your extension module for a tap tempo? Waiting for a mkIII MFC..

how do you connect to MFC? Using external slots?

Using the 2 switch inputs in the MFC.

What's the ordering process like?

Basically I'm out of stock now, I had a pre order running which was sold.
I don’t do that on regular basis due to many reasons I've mentioned here before.
From time to time when there is enough interest I'm producing a few.

I might be interested, but am curious what the new dimension of an MFC + Expansion module would be.

I'm not near the pedal board now but the EXT is like adding the exact size of "slice" from the MFC, if you take the length of the MFC, divide it by 6 (rows of switches) and multiple by 7 (with the added EXT row) you will have the total length.

Would be it be possible to use one of the bottom switches of your extension module for a tap tempo?

I assume yes, however I didn’t try it as for TAP there is a good use of the LED and that's way I kept my TAP on the MFC itself.
The most common use I see people do with the EXT (including myself) is volume increase / decrees and scene up and down.
Thanks.

Everything is possible..
But first will have to see what exactly are these switches like.
In my opinion, I prefer the one with the click, it's for me the feel that let me know I've activated it.
I had once a board with noiseless switches and it just made me crazy.
Old habits you know….:lol

hi,
what switches are you using,
momentary,latching dpdt ?

I decided to use momentary switches as it is simply better for the MFC in terms of functionality, software wise…etc….a momentary can be defined in the MFC to either momentary OR latch, but latch cannot be defined to momentary…

Everything is possible..
But first will have to see what exactly are these switches like.
In my opinion, I prefer the one with the click, it's for me the feel that let me know I've activated it.
I had once a board with noiseless switches and it just made me crazy.
Old habits you know….:lol
:eagerness: Given that the expansion module does not utilize LEDs, I have to agree and think that sticking with the old switches that click is the way to go . . .

Pleeeeeeeeeeez do not ignore my order this time: )

Plz let me know when the product is ready.

Thx :mrgreen

Sorry about that.
I'm out of stock and the limit number of units I produce are pre-order sold.
I don’t have any left.
Maybe I'll start a new batch, if there will be enough interest.
Thanks.

Sorry about that.
I'm out of stock and the limit number of units I produce are pre-order sold.
I don’t have any left.
Maybe I'll start a new batch, if there will be enough interest.
Thanks.

I think someone said this, but if you could do the extension module with the new silent switches of the MFC-101 III, that'd be SWEET! Heh

I think someone said this, but if you could do the extension module with the new silent switches of the MFC-101 III, that'd be SWEET! Heh

Hmm. Can anyone from FAS confirm whether the existing Expansion Module is compatible with the Mark III?

Back
Top Bottom