The first ever Extension Module for MFC-101 !

Yap!
The knobs are big and yes, it is for "feet use" :encouragement:
Wonderful idea. What would you think about circular knobs with a knobby rubber outside? Might be easier to maneuver with the edge of a foot.

Yes, I assume rubber knobs will be easier to turn but it also have to be a big knob.
Basically it's not that of a big issue as the knobs is something that can be replaced each to his own taste in a matter of 5 minutes top.

So….
As previously mentioned, I had a request from one of the forum members for a 4 x Potentiometer expression module.
The basic idea is installing 4 potentiometers and 4 outputs to be connected to the 4 expression inputs in the MFC101.
Pretty much no brainer BUT….linearity is the trick!
So I had to check quite a few pots and eventually found really nice one which keeps the linearity perfect as you can see here:

As the enclosures I got are designed for switches which needs only 2 TRS sockets, I had to self drill 2 more holes to house the extra 2 TRS sockets as each expression / potentiometer has its own TRS .
Unfortunately the text is for the 4 x switches version but if there will be enough interest in the future, I guess I will re-design the faceplate so it will look 100%.

4xpotEXP4MFC-vi.jpg

This works sooooo nice and I'm currently building another one for my own use which will be placed along the EXT4MFC so they will make a lovely couple :)

So….how should we call it, EXP4MFC maybe ?

Last edited:
Got the module today, still have some cable management to do, haven't had a chance to program and try it out yet but I'm sure it will work great!
Here's my pedalboard:
08f386e5f333c42e2acfa37617934b4d.jpg

It looks like there's an overhang on the MFC, but it sits perfectly against the edge :)

Last edited:
Last in line…

Hi guys, I have one last unit available and currently I'm taking a break from producing more of these units so…..get yourself one as this will be the last available for a long time if any.
I don’t think I'll make more in future.
Thanks.
:encouragement:

Somewhat surprised there isn't an official Fractal Audio extension. Lots of people use extra switches, and this design is the nicest by far.

I had few more requests lately via e-mail.
Ok, who wants one? :)

If I will have enough requests all together I will make another batch (depends on quantity as the metal shop do not make small batches of the enclosure).
So, if someone is interested please contact via e-mail only ext4mfc@gmail.com (that's the only way for me to do proper tracking).
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom