The EUs AFX2s are HERE! Cliff! Everyone!

Mine was ordered 9 May (The day the countdown told us what it was, and that units were almost ready to ship).
This was my email this morning...

TO ALL FUTURE AXE-FX II USERS

After a production delay of several weeks due to supplier difficulties, Fractal Audio has once again begun shipping units. We will be receiving a delivery over the weekend and the next shipment should be arriving about two weeks later. However, we are sorry to say that your unit will not yet be among those arriving.

From 1st November onwards Fractal Audio will be doubling its production capacity and we are hoping that this increase will improve the delivery situation.

Based on our experience so far we have decided not to announce or estimate any more delivery dates, as this just tends to lead to confusion rather than making personal planning (selling of gear, allotting of expenses) any easier.

Instead we will be sending a “salvation” mail to all those whose units will be in the next delivery and we will at the same time inform those whose units will be part of the subsequent delivery about two weeks later.

You can find the latest information in the News section of our website and on Twitter, where we will also be posting information on current and expected deliveries.

Many thanks for your understanding,

Kind Regards
Sussi

from the G66 mail:
"The good news, however, is that assuming everything runs to plan and the next shipment will be a normal size shipment, your Axe-Fx II will be in the subsequent delivery in approximately two weeks’ time."

heh, assuming everything runs to plan... nothing so far has been to plan.

good news though, i ordered in january and after missing out on this weekends shipment, i didn't think i'd receive the axeII this year. cautiously optimistic.

Instead we will be sending a “salvation” mail to all those whose units will be in the next delivery and we will at the same time inform those whose units will be part of the subsequent delivery about two weeks later.

Sussi

As mentioned before I have no issues with G66 and Sussi.

What does a "salvation" mail mean?

@sheguitarplayer: thanks for posting that g66 email. so they've sent out three types:
1. for folks who are part of this weeks shipment,
2. for folks who are part of the shipment expected in a week or two
3. for everyone else

if fractal has doubled their production capacity, i hope g66 will decide to change the devilery frequency, not the amount of devices per delivery.

G66 should have stopped sending out estimate emails after the first one.

ORDER APPROXIMATE DELIVERY
First small shipment end of June
Ordered before 1st May July/August
Ordered in May August/September
Ordered in June September/October

I think they got a bit ahead of themselves and forgot about the backlog.

G66 should have stopped sending out estimate emails after the first one.

ORDER APPROXIMATE DELIVERY
First small shipment end of June
Ordered before 1st May July/August
Ordered in May August/September
Ordered in June September/October

I think they got a bit ahead of themselves and forgot about the backlog.

I think you're wrong, if the hadn't sent any e-mails everybody would have been whining. Now everybody starts whining BECAUSE they sent e-mails. They don'T have a chance to make it right. G66 is as much a "victim" as we potential customers are.
They couldn't have known that there would be a shortage of parts. Just my 0,02 €

I'm glad G66 kept us up to speed but they're not to blame.
FAS is with their retarded 20%-for-Europe rule.
It should have been based on current global waiting lists and not historic sales.
I'm also under the impression that only non-US customers suffered because of the delays.
And G66 lost a lot of revenue because of customers turning away.

I'm glad G66 kept us up to speed but they're not to blame.
FAS is with their retarded 20%-for-Europe rule.
It should have been based on current global waiting lists and not historic sales.
I'm also under the impression that only non-US customers suffered because of the delays.
And G66 lost a lot of revenue because of customers turning away.

Indeed!

I really hope this was the last time we had a shrunk down shipment, I'm pretty sure as you say that nothing has been taken off the 60% part destined to the USA market, making us the only ones getting the short end of the stick.
G66 has nothing to be blamed for really... it's just FAS and their retarded shipping policy. In each one of the few mails I exchanged with Sussi you could see she was quite wary when wording sentences as if she didn't know either what to say because of lack of communication with FAS.

Let's hope this charade gets to an end soon.. 2 weeks I can wait, more no ty.

Yes, it's all déja vu ;)
If I end up waiting as long as for my Ultra (over 10 months), then I'll get the A-Fx II in March 2012 :lol

Dutch, you remember this thread on the old forum? Axe-FX :: View topic - Next batch of European Axe-Fx's? (title updated)
It's history repeating.
Sure is. Sadly.

Frightful days, no, months they were. Alas I know them well...

In the end I'm still stoked about my ultra, though.

Funny how brains work. They forget pain. So by now I've forgotten the pain and enjoy that awesome machine immensely. Its like when women give birth. After a while they forget the pain and then they go have another kid. And when that one's about to pop they suddenly remember the feeling and what's coming next and they think "Oh no! How the #&() did I get here... Again?"

For those considering going to tubes, its not the same. Amps and axe-fx are not directly comparable. They go about their business quite differently. But most of you know already.

Why pull out now. You're so close. Things looking better for Greece too!
I spent my money to buy an eBay axefx ultra 2 months ago ,so I won't buy the 2 until next year at least....as for my poor Greece my government achieved to borrow another 100 billion € from eu which means infinite debt for me.things are getting worse actually since there was a cut of 20+ % off my salary ....as inflation of the market continues and working as a doctor in Greek health system does not help this situation at all....but still I have my guitar and the axe :)

i am REALLY looking forward to what happens after the announced two weeks. (i am in "class 2" of the new g66 mails: not yet there but promised to get one of the next shipment in two weeks) not because i indeed expect to get one (which, given the history of the last 7 months, would be extremely ridiculous) but rather what new excuses fractal's limited production capacities and strange world wide distribution policies will force the poor g66 guys and girls (which are really innocent about this whole desaster) to invent next. what about:
"unfortunately a meteor crushed the container with the latest shipment"
or
"we are sorry but to our extreme surprise we didn't get as many units as promised because we didn't get as many units as promised"
or
"fractal has decided to cut the european share from 20 % to 3 % because of pointed tounge whiners like dumblegeorge --> we didn't get as many units as promised"
or simply sticking to the old classic
"we are sorry but we didn't get as much units as planned"

i am thinking of getting a diezel hagen together with a palmer pdi03. i have some old effects-processors that i could use with that. would cost me a bit more but at least i could have this combination within a week. and maybe it would sound as good or better (if i ponder all aspects thoroughly, i really don't need 273654723576234 different sounds).

what do you guys think about the speaker sim solution?

greets!

Last edited:
For those considering going to tubes, its not the same. Amps and axe-fx are not directly comparable. They go about their business quite differently. But most of you know already.

I'm also considering this (see my previous posts) but for different reasons.
I have an opportunity to buy a ENGL Invader. This amp would suit my needs for my Judas Priest tribute band.
For Neo Prophet, my other band, I prefer the Axe-FX.
But my funds are limited and the Invader won't be available forever.
And I don't know when the Axe-Fx II will be delivered. FAS has been treating us a s second rate customers and have a retarted distribution policy.
So I have a choice and I'll let fate decide.

My attitude towards the now infamous delays is a bit more... relaxed. I'm a comic buff and I'm used to wait a long time for the next installment of my fave comics.
But, if you were in a hurry to acquire a II because you need it for your band or such... Well, that sucks.
I'll wait the wait, I'll have the II.

As I stated before, I don't mind the wait either.
I just mind being treated as second rate customers and the wait should be the same no matter where you live.

Granted, but favouring the home market is a given in the guitar world. Look at all the neat stuff companies like Fender and Ibanez are dishing out for their respective home markets that will never reach availability on EU shores ( NAMM reports are always a bit... frustrating that way).
It's not right, in what is considered a global economy, but it is nonetheless so. I do share your feelings , and dislike the second rate treatment in general ( like all those cool bands plainly skipping Belgium on their tours) and if I find a way to right that wrong I would gladly do so... But accepting that things are as they are untill you find a way to make them not so prevents a certain degree of frustration.
It is my hope that, in time, all manufacturers will see the err of their ways in this vein. Untill then... We'll just have to wait, and voice our opinions.

Back
Top Bottom