The EUs AFX2s are HERE! Cliff! Everyone!

Would certainly put some of the guys that actually still ordered Gen1 Standards and Ultras out of their misery
+1
I agree that especially for those guys the retarded shipping policy must be a pain.
I definitely feel for them.

although the wait is long, most of us who ordered a standard or ultra are nearing the end of the wait. for me, it's no longer a matter "look how long i've been waiting", but more "almost axe ii-time". :)
ordered in january '11.

Hello friends. I ordered my axe in May, if anyone ordered it before and no longer interested or need more time to get money to buy, please contact me to try to swap our positions.
I know that is not normal, but just in case ...

My e-mail: albertosonido@hotmail.com

Thank you very much.

I can't believe it got moved to the Lounge from the "main" discussion board, since this is definitely not off-topic in regards to the Axe Fx II. I'm not calling it a conspiracy, but I could definitely understand if some people saw it as sweeping things under the rug.

...well, altough i certainly do not endorse every fas decision, in this case i also have to vote for more understanding on their behalf. i think these discussions are well placed here. (see Dutch's post). at least keeping us "whiners" off the main axe 2 part will make it easier for cliff to not have to notice all the hurt feelings posts (i explicitly include mine there ;-)), because they did not contribute to his well being in the past as it seemed. and except for really whishing him all the best anyway, if he is in better neuronal shape, the better for all of us. maybe he'll even be a bit milder towards europe and send more units to g66. although my hopes in that direction are not very strong.

Hello friends. I ordered my axe in May, if anyone ordered it before and no longer interested or need more time to get money to buy, please contact me to try to swap our positions.
I know that is not normal, but just in case ...

...just in case: if you happen to have left over one or two nice houses in a nice tuscany village or one or two massive golden mercedes benz 600 to give away for free: please let me know. i'd take care of these ;-)

although the wait is long, most of us who ordered a standard or ultra are nearing the end of the wait. for me, it's no longer a matter "look how long i've been waiting", but more "almost axe ii-time". :)
ordered in january '11.

i love to see such a bold, positive thinking and unconditional, fresh, youthful optimism! we need more of that spirit when the next delivery will arrive in two weeks (corrected: in about two weeks) and unfortunately and unforseeably not as many units as planned might have arrived :-DDDD
i'll keep my fingers crossed very hard anyway! perhaps fortuna will smile at us.....*extremely big sigh*

One week is gone.. now another to go. Let's hope all goes according to plan. And to make things worse I've been offered a good deal on a used Mesa Roadster head... -.-'

One week is gone.. now another to go. Let's hope all goes according to plan. And to make things worse I've been offered a good deal on a used Mesa Roadster head... -.-'
Mesa Roadster is a nice amp! that's not an easy choice. it's a very versatile amp. it does cleans and high gain very well, and is good everywhere in between. you do need to run it at a fair volume in order to get the best sound, more so than like a mark iv/v amp, and might need a booster (like a ts or a bbpre).

as versatile as it is, compared to the axe II it's, well, not:)

So, any offcial words from FAS about how is going the AXE II production now ? I've heard they solved the case problem and they also doubled they production capacity from the 1rst of November. It would be really great to have a confirmation ! :?

It's scaring that some peoples from the third world (Europe) are waiting since almost one year...:-x

I think you should at least provide an internationnal warranty for Euro people buying from US store !

It's scaring that some peoples from the third world (Europe) are waiting since almost one year...:-x
It seems that the US waiting list is moving fast now but ours doesn't..
There's a Spanish guy on E-bay who already sold one Axe-Fx II and has another one.
So clearly something is very wrong with the distribution.
And these are two that G66 can't sell.
So they are losing business as well.
Not very considerate from FAS.

To be honest I'm still wondering how G66 can still do business, and actually earn something from it since they get like 10 AXE II every months lol. Kudos to G66 !!!

Here's a quote from the "first world waiting list" aka the US:
Spot reserved on list; July, 21st, 11:00AM
Coupon Received Nov. 2nd,
Order placed Nov. 2nd.
Delivery scheduled for Monday Nov. 7th - WOOHOO!!!
Now I can sell one of my two Ultra's.

July? Come on, CLiff - this is getting ridiculous! Guys from Europe who originally ordered a Standard or an Ultra are still waiting for their II - this sucks. Poor G66, poor me, poor us old worlders...

By the way, if things are going better and faster for US guys, probably it will, at the end, reduce our waiting time. I'm wondering how long is the G66 waiting list...

Maybe I should consider myself getting an second-hand Ultra while waiting for the Axe-II.

It seems that the US waiting list is moving fast now but ours doesn't..
There's a Spanish guy on E-bay who already sold one Axe-Fx II and has another one.
So clearly something is very wrong with the distribution.
And these are two that G66 can't sell.
So they are losing business as well.
Not very considerate from FAS.
yes he is the one I bought my ultra from.he told me he had a friend going to us for business or smthing

This is a real shame. It makes no sense. When hundreds of Americans enjoying their Axe, the European list is still stuck in Standard orders and Ultras. There is no excuse for that. We are not second class citizens, but 3 rd, 4 th ... "G66: Hey Cliff, there are many Europes trying to buy an Axe, but they can not because we do not get any." Cliff: "Europeans?, What is that?

Cliff should equal the European list with the list of USA and then make a global list. This should be your main concern. He has done everything well, except this.

This is a real shame. It makes no sense. When hundreds of Americans enjoying their Axe, the European list is still stuck in Standard orders and Ultras. There is no excuse for that. We are not second class citizens, but 3 rd, 4 th ... "G66: Hey Cliff, there are many Europes trying to buy an Axe, but they can not because we do not get any." Cliff: "Europeans?, What is that?

Cliff should equal the European list with the list of USA and then make a global list. This should be your main concern. He has done everything well, except this.

Well said!

I totally agree.

I don't really understand what's wrong with playing it fair... and also it really looks like if they get complaints/cancellations in the EU they couldn't care less.. but with all the different options they gave to their own country's customers it seems like they actually try to address the issue internally.
I remember reading someone from the staff account posting here (I don't know if it was Cliff or someone else because I haven't been around here long enough to understand who's who between the admins) at some point and saying something along the lines of "I don't think I deserve this treatment".

To be honest, taking into account all the disparity generated by the situation which is clearly defining who's first tier (customer) and who's "expendable", I'm sorry to say it but it's kinda deserved and pretty much the only logical outcome from a situation like this.
It would be soooo much better for both ends if at least we were shown some goodwill by being fed with some details and a bit more of customer love in general...
But instead we don't get any of the above and, on the contrary, we come across as bloody whiney sods for voicing our (legitimate) complaints.

I'm sure business is a bitch nowadays as the whole economy is going tits up but I really can't see that as the only reason for the choices they made. And blindly applying the same distribution plan used with gen1 units a few years ago doesn't help either (imho).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom