Thank you Fractal for the Leggy Legacy model! Its great.

New model, no preset. Pick any basic preset (1-40) and change the amp type to the very last model -- new models always go at the end of the list.

TT

well I am very surprised by this model. I whipped together a patch last night that I really like and although it's not a great hi gain model (I think playing chords thru it
is a bit muddy, could be tweaked better, I suppose) but for single note playing IE noodling/lead playing this thing really sings.
It's turning into one of my favorite "practice patches, it's very responsive to touch and pick attack.
Nice one Cliff!

i wonder if cliff is also just getting better at modeling; i assume any subsequent amp he models will be superior because its likes starting from scratch. Knowing now what he didnt know when he started, applying all his experience to the newest stuff...thats worth the cost of upgrading right there =P

He has a modular approach according to him. So most of the improvements will come from the modeling in the firmware. He would plug in the parameters and the software does its thing. However, I am sure there is some post model build tweaking that is more art than science.

well I am very surprised by this model. I whipped together a patch last night that I really like and although it's not a great hi gain model (I think playing chords thru it
is a bit muddy, could be tweaked better, I suppose) but for single note playing IE noodling/lead playing this thing really sings.
It's turning into one of my favorite "practice patches, it's very responsive to touch and pick attack.
Nice one Cliff!

Interesting....I found it to be a great high gain patch!
I have the 'tight metal tonez' filter on all my high gain patches, which clears up any low end mud, and I am really liking the feel of this amp. It's smoother than the HBE that I normally use.
I set up my X/Y on my 'go to' patch to switch from HBE to Leggy.....so I can jump between them at a gig and see which one feels better when I get into the full volume band situation.
It's a good thing for the X/Y or I'd never be able to pick an amp model for a gig!! So many killer options!!

i"m running 5.04 but can't seem to find the Legacy model...

is there a preset # or something?? or am i looking in the wrong place??

You won't see it in Axe Edit yet. From the front panel it will be the last amp model. Full clockwise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting....I found it to be a great high gain patch!
I have the 'tight metal tonez' filter on all my high gain patches, which clears up any low end mud, and I am really liking the feel of this amp. It's smoother than the HBE that I normally use.
I set up my X/Y on my 'go to' patch to switch from HBE to Leggy.....so I can jump between them at a gig and see which one feels better when I get into the full volume band situation.
It's a good thing for the X/Y or I'd never be able to pick an amp model for a gig!! So many killer options!!

what's the "tight metal tonez" filter you're using?
If I could get this model to not mud up with more gain I'd be right there with you, plus which Cab IR are you using with it?

My Ultra sold, waiting for a II.... I was wondering, is the Legacy's clean channel also in there, because to me that is the best clean I've ever had: Warm, full, oozing with harmonics....

My Ultra sold, waiting for a II.... I was wondering, is the Legacy's clean channel also in there, because to me that is the best clean I've ever had: Warm, full, oozing with harmonics....
No, and I know what you mean. That's one of the reasons I bought my Legacy. The cleans were simply amazing.

Cliff would it be possible to model the clean channel of the Legacy? I believe it has a particular chimey tone that is not found on other amps... it would be nice to have an ultra res Legacy cab as well, knowing that Steve Vai is a major Fractal user.

The closest you'll get is F118 in the Cab block, but it's not Ultrares, however.
The F063 'German' is nice with it as well.

+1 for the Leggy's clean channel!
Could you guys who've owned a real Carvin Legacy recommend an amp model on the Axe that's closest to its clean channel?

Thanks man! i see those are greenbacks and not V30s, i will give it a shot... meanwhile should i use the XL+ folder content with my AX8?

You're welcome.
I'm not sure what folder you can use with the AX8, hope one of the versions will work for you.
If not, I'll update the CabPack.
Per

You're welcome.
I'm not sure what folder you can use with the AX8, hope one of the versions will work for you.
If not, I'll update the CabPack.
Per
I really loved your work, the XL+ worked for me on the AX8.... thanks for your effort, I took me a long time just transferring two mic folders so i can imagine how much of a pain it was to prepare all of those. do u have a special combination of mics that you prefer?

I really loved your work, the XL+ worked for me on the AX8.... thanks for your effort, I took me a long time just transferring two mic folders so i can imagine how much of a pain it was to prepare all of those. do u have a special combination of mics that you prefer?

You're very welcome! Glad you got them working and very pleased that you like 'em :)
Yeah, I takes a good chunk of work to make these CabPacks, but it's also fun and educational.
As to any favorite mic combinations, I usally just fire up Cab-Lab and try different ones 'til I'm happy.
It all depends on what guitar and amp I'm using and what flavour I'm after.
Many times I just use one mic, other times I might mix the M160 with one or more of the dynamic mics( SM57, SM7B, 421, PR-30)
My start-up mic position with any mic is always 02 or 02a. Then I "move" it around and/or mix in other mics if needed.
Per

Back
Top Bottom