Thank you Fractal for the Leggy Legacy model! Its great.

I also recall the many derogatory posts calling Carvin amps junk or toys, the Legacy in particular. All I know is that I played through one (along side Steve Vai's) and they both sounded not just great, but unique. I loved the tone. I'm looking forward to the Axe II even more now.

I've always liked Carvin. I've been playing their guitars exclusively since the early 90s. When I had a problem with a doubleneck I ordered, Mark Kiesel personally called me and made everything right. I only wish they offered a wider fingerboard radius on some models.

The best thing about this vs the real Legacy I is that it doesn't peel the paint of the walls when you turn it up. The master on those goes from 0 to 8 with about 1 notch turn.

Wow, nice amp ... just tried it ... a pleasant surprise. Never thought that amp sounded this good ... but as already mentioned, we can get the dimed sound at any level. It really has a great high gain tone.

Been playing with it for a few hours now. It's a really nice addition having never played a Legacy I couldnt offer any comparison but this amp model sure has some great tones to play with - many thanks Cliff ( and Steve Vai ! ).

I tired this amp out earlier, my Dimarzio Evo 7s are singing through it!!!!

What drive pedal would you guys recommend to use in front of the head? I'm using the TS 808 but it can be a little grainy sounding when trying to get a smooth/buttery lead tone.

I tired this amp out earlier, my Dimarzio Evo 7s are singing through it!!!!

What drive pedal would you guys recommend to use in front of the head? I'm using the TS 808 but it can be a little grainy sounding when trying to get a smooth/buttery lead tone.
With the original version, Vai was using a (mod'd) DS-1 (primarily).

i wonder if cliff is also just getting better at modeling; i assume any subsequent amp he models will be superior because its likes starting from scratch. Knowing now what he didnt know when he started, applying all his experience to the newest stuff...thats worth the cost of upgrading right there =P

i wonder if cliff is also just getting better at modeling; i assume any subsequent amp he models will be superior because its likes starting from scratch. Knowing now what he didnt know when he started, applying all his experience to the newest stuff...thats worth the cost of upgrading right there =P

I would think he would want to "upgrade" the older models if that was the case?

i"m running 5.04 but can't seem to find the Legacy model...

is there a preset # or something?? or am i looking in the wrong place??

Back
Top Bottom