Tap tempo in Axe fx not very accurate?

Agree with the others that have said the tap-tempo is inconsistent. I have good timing, and have had problems with the tap-tempo getting reliable results. Doesn't matter if I use two or three taps, or ten.

Agree with the others that have said the tap-tempo is inconsistent. I have good timing, and have had problems with the tap-tempo getting reliable results. Doesn't matter if I use two or three taps, or ten.

ok, I'm sort of happy that I am not the only one having problems with the tap tempo....

Same problem here, so I never use tap tempo. Would be good to see this improved. I've certainly used tap tempo on stand-alone FX pedals without issues, so it can't be impossible.

I struggle a bit here also, much more so than with the POD X3 I used years ago. Question - is the firmware only looking at the off-on transition or something else? The reason I ask is that timing the button releases *seems* to help.

I have to say I'm also confused with the tap tempo. Usually not such a problem with the couple of taps I usually have them programmed at, but still.

I'm using a LF 12+ tempo function. It displays weird numbers for the tempo. Maybe I should just program it to be a momentary switch at the CC#.

I have to say I'm also confused with the tap tempo. Usually not such a problem with the couple of taps I usually have them programmed at, but still.

I'm using a LF 12+ tempo function. It displays weird numbers for the tempo. Maybe I should just program it to be a momentary switch at the CC#.

I'm getting them with in 1bpm using the auto tap tempo on my LF+12+. I have type set to actual BPM on the LF.

If you switch too quickly, you get strange number because the Axe-fx is still averaging.

If you switch too quickly, you get strange number because the Axe-fx is still averaging.

I think this is where my issue is, making quick adjustments. I came from eventide pedals which I believe took the last 2 taps so I was able to correct very quickly (live use) when needed. Playing live I think it is much better to have a last two option to be able to quickly get back on track if needed.

I'm definitely having issues with this averaged tempo and have noticed it from MFC, boss pedal, front panel just like the OP.

So I'm at practice now and I think a big issue is I just wasn't aware of how it was working. Just needed to tap longer rather than get frustrated that it seemed off.... and so far much better.

Some controllers send out their signals when the switches are released rather than when they are first pressed. This can make tap tempo feel odd and frustrating on some devices. I've never had any trouble with the front panel tempo button. Seems spot on for me, but I don't use it all the time. Tap tempo with a footswitch depends a lot on the feel of the switch too. Springy switches with long travel are hard to quickly snap down in time. Short travel, tactile switches are much easier. The averaging thing does take a bit of getting used to. If I don't get the tempo I'm after in two or three taps, I stop for a couple seconds and then try again. Continuously tapping over and over again a whole bunch of times to try to correct the time is usually not very effective for me.

Back
Top Bottom