VaggelisPRS

Hello guys, I'm new to the world of Fractal! I'm a session guitarist in Greece.

I've had my FM9 Turbo for 6-7 months now, and it's absolutely perfect. I can't even explain how much I love it!

Steve Lukather is a huge inspiration for me, and I'd love to find presets that capture his tone. Maybe we could even trade presets sometime?

I've tried a bunch of presets already, including Soldano x88, Mark Fanton (which I found here!), and some others. While they're all decent, I haven't found the perfect Lukather sound yet. Either it will be okay to use over a backing track and I won't be able to use it live, or it will be the opposite.
The challenge for me is to find a preset that works well both for practicing with backing tracks and translating well to live performance. Even with minimal EQ adjustments.

Here are my guitars:

• PRS Custom 24 Piezo Core 2018
  • G&L Legacy USA (Alder-Rosewood) with Suhr ML pickups
  • Fender Squier Strat (Swamp Ash-Rosewood "Vintage Style") from 2006 (completely stock, and surprisingly my favorite!)
I'm particularly interested in capturing Luke's tone from these videos:
(Toto Wings Of Time BR)
I like every tone in this video too
I am dying for the tone in this video at 3:40
Love these videos too:

I've tried everything I can to dial in a similar solo tone, experimenting with Bogners, other amps, different cabs like Dynacabs and York Audio, but I just can't seem to achieve the clarity and gain I'm looking for. Boosting the treble or using a strange EQ doesn't help either.
I'm stuck at this point. Maybe it's my guitars? That could explain why I was able to nail Andy Timmons' tone so quickly - it sounds very similar to my own guitars.

Anyway, thanks for your time everyone! Hopefully, I can contribute to the community someday too.

Steve Lukather sound is one of my favorite.

One day I was looking this video

From 2:22 starts story about Luke's pedal board / amp chain, very interesting.

Back
Top Bottom