Soundclip Contest! Win an EV-1 and more...

SOUNDCLIP CONTEST ENTRY

this clip is basicly like the first clip in my first post in this thread with the same guitar parts, but this is a complete production which can also be considered for the competition if it's more liked than the first clip in my first post in this thread :)

I just uploaded this as an exam in computerbased music production, a part subject in my bachelor degree in musicology.
If this full production would be considered it would be a great honor :D I present to you, Chrome! *pulls of imaginary blanket* "ta dah" :

Last edited:
SOUNDCLIP CONTEST ENTRY

Acoustic sim with a B3? Organ sim. Using Ernie Ball Axis guitar, stock humbucker bridge pickup. (No Piezo!) No overdubs.

Scene #1.....Acoustic sim., Scene #2.....Acoustic sim. with B3? sim., Scene #3.....B3? sim.

Attachments

• Acoustic - B3 (16.04.1).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Hope I'm not too late to the race!
I decided to experiment with fuzz drives recently and figured I might as well try it in a mix for this contest.
Here's my entry:

The guitars are straight out of the Axe-Fx with no post-processing, with an exception for the lead guitars which just has a delay added to them.

SOUNDCLIP CONTEST ENTRY

the cat alone in the woods of darkness - I don't even know. firmware 17. all axe-fx II.

SOUNDCLIP CONTEST ENTRY

SOUNDCLIP CONTEST ENTRY

Here is my humble submission into this contest of a recording with a bass preset and a guitar preset in a mix setting. Hopefully, if I can't win the EV-1 in aluminum pedal, perhaps I could win free shipping on a MFC-101, or a sticker. :encouragement:

Hairy Funky Prog Bass is a preset designed around mixing a combination of either a Mesa Boogie or Orange bass amps bi-amped with a CAE 3+ in two different EQ versions to handle the hi-frequencies. They are mated up with the stock 8X10 SV Bass Cab, 4X10 Aluminum bass cab, 4X12 Cali Legi, 4X12 Recto New Mix, 1X12 Hawaii Mix, & 4X10 SV Bass Sub Kick cabinets in different combinations to give different timbres or colors.

There are some pitch, filter, flanger and phaser effects employed depending upon the scene to give some prog like effects. Resonator blocks are added to give a little live rumble to the cabs. This preset on some scenes would fit in with Rock, Metal, Alternative, Punk, or Blues bass playing situations.

In the recording I use my late 1960's Hagstrom Swede Bass on the bass pickup (kind of a Les Paul Recording Custom Bass clone).

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Hairy Funky Prog Bass - by dr bonkers

Z's Hungry Dizzy Corncob Bonko is a preset designed around some modded Cornford, Mr. Z M-38, VH-4 Silver, and AFS-100 amps. The stock cabs I used with the amps are 4X12 D-120, 4X12 Sorcerer, & 4X12 Cali Mix.

There are some tempo based delay & chorus effects, along with reverb, resonator, Graphic EQ to get some different tonal shades. If you want a bit of Josh Homme inspired insanity, then engage the Filter block (I didn't in the recording as it didn't fit the vibe of what I was playing). This preset on some scenes would fit in with Rock, Progressive, Metal, Alternative, Punk, or Blues bass playing situations.

In the recording, I used my sub $400 PRS Singlecut SE with stock everything on it. I wanted to show that the Fractal lets even the humblest of guitars shine righteously with its own unique voice; that AF2 is not just effective creative tool for the custom guitar or $4,000 guitar crowd.

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Z's Hungry Dizzy Corncob Bonko - by dr bonkers

Thanks for listening!!!

Last edited:
here's a little soundscape using the sequencer, some lfo's and delays to chop incoming audio into polyrhythmic dots of sound...

EDIT - something went wrong with the render and there are chunks of audio missing

Second EDIT - re-upload!

this was one improvised take, btw

Last edited:
Ambient Clean

ThirdEar Vento Preset from off axexchange

Comp-->Vol-->Vibrato Verb--->4x12 Basketweave G12M20(RW)-->Multi-Delay

Back
Top Bottom