SoCal Axe Users Meeting?

Ok guys, I will keep a list of possible attendees going forward. As kerrlehr & ratsgym have noted the date is Saturday, October 6th. We are shoring up the location shortly. It will be located in the LA/Hollywood area.

I have added those who have already displayed an interest in the thread. For those members and those who have yet to post could you follow a little template and supply the follow info:

1. What gear will you be bringing?
  2. Interests: What would you like to see or gain from such an event? Also, what would you like to share? This could be personal expertise, supporting apps, volunteer help etc.
  3. Location you will be traveling from? For those traveling from a distance let us know if you need assistance finding lodging etc.
  4. Shirt size. (for those confirming attendance)

Please try to confirm that you actually will attend. T-Shirts will be given out to those confirming. We will have some extras available while they last for non-confirmed quests but they will be charged a nominal fee that will not exceed the production cost. I.e. roughly $5.00

^^^

Please just leave your info here in the thread as my PM box fills up rather quickly and I do not want to miss anyone. I will update my spreadsheet regularly and begin posting it in a week or so.

Last edited:
What gear will you be bringing?
- Axe FX II, Electrovoice ELX112P, Charvel San Dimas MIJ
Interests: What would you like to see or gain from such an event? Also, what would you like to share? This could be personal expertise, supporting apps, volunteer help etc.
- Dialing in advanced amp settings, tone matching.
Location you will be traveling from? For those traveling from a distance let us know if you need assistance finding lodging etc.
- Central CA, near the Fresno-area. Would be willing to carpool (have gas-efficient vehicle)
Shirt size. (for those confirming attendance)
- M or L (in-between hehe)

What gear will you be bringing? - EC 1000, Possibly Hellraiser C-7

Interests: What would you like to see or gain from such an event? Direct contact with the II and how it differs from gen 1 along with techniques that can apply for live pa stuff that can benefit both gen users. Also some advanced parameter simplifying would be cool.

Location you will be traveling from? For those traveling from a distance let us know if you need assistance finding lodging etc. - Southern California, Norwalk. No assistance needed.

Shirt size. (for those confirming attendance) - small or x small as I am scrawny.

@ratsgym - had a blast jamming with you and the band last night! That rat can jam!!!
We got to put my Suhr badger 18 in a jam directly with rat's FAS Weasle - Very close...
This is cool - our West Coast AXE-FEST Users Group already has guys meeting up, sharing and jamming together
and the Event is still almost six weeks out!! Hopefully this event will result in multiple networking / jamming / friendship situations like this!
Fun stuff

What gear will you be bringing? - Possibly an Ibanez Prestige S5470 w/emg 81/85 pu

Interests: What would you like to see or gain from such an event? Learning opportunity for a brand new user!

Location you will be traveling from? - San Diego, CA

Confirmed. Large for me. I'll be coming from Ventura and looking forward to meeting and learning from other users. I've owned an Axe-Fx for more than 4 years now but still feel I'm behind in fully understanding and utilizing what the unit can do. I'll be bringing my Tele. This meetup is a great idea, many thanks for those who are organizing it.

Last edited:
Confirmed. XL shirt size unless the sizes are running big, in which case I'd prefer large.

I think it makes sense for me to bring some of my gear to demo my Axe for Lemur template, assuming it is OK with the event organizers:
AxeFX II, MFC101, 2 K10s, Macbook, iPad, interfaces and cables, stands. I plan to bring Lentz and Koll guitars. I can bring my Ian Anderson Standard if anyone is thinking of ordering one and wants to check it out.

@ratsgym - had a blast jamming with you and the band last night! That rat can jam!!!
We got to put my Suhr badger 18 in a jam directly with rat's FAS Weasle - Very close...
This is cool - our West Coast AXE-FEST Users Group already has guys meeting up, sharing and jamming together
and the Event is still almost six weeks out!! Hopefully this event will result in multiple networking / jamming / friendship situations like this!
Fun stuff
We had a blast having you there. You're quite the player. Un fortunately I threw my back out this morning but should be ok for our meeting with Tone Merchants.

Confirmed, I'm not bringing anything, I'm just going to soak it all in and meet my homies. I wear an xl shirt. If any one from the Phoenix metropolitan area wants to do a carpool please let me know, we could share some of the expenses of the drive over. Just pm me if you are interested.

Confirmed, I'm not bringing anything, I'm just going to soak it all in and meet my homies. I wear an xl shirt. If any one from the Phoenix metropolitan area wants to do a carpool please let me know, we could share some of the expenses of the drive over. Just pm me if you are interested.

@scottburrow - Right on bud. We are really happy to see you are driving out for the show - PLEASE know - guys doing stuff like this only makes us want to work that much harder to assure an awesome event worth the drive.

I'm about 90% sure I'll be able to make it. Driving from New Mexico...probably won't bring anything, but a thirst for knowledge.
I wear a large shirt.

@WarlockIIHit
@Scottburrow - see above - you guys could hook up in Phoenix area and carpool in. WarlockII is coming from New Mexico

If someone could help me find a reasonable hotel room for friday night and saturday, that would be awesome. Or at least let me know where everyone is going to be staying thats coming in from out of state.

Back
Top Bottom